Sr Exe Admin

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I worked for 7yrs and resigned the organization 2mnths before the stipulated notice period. while giving me the gratuity they deducted the amount due to the company and gave the balace amount. Do the employer has the authority to deduct the amount from the gratuity?

From India, Madras
Hi, Its all epends on what laws says because Gratuity is decided by laws and goverment and not by employer so you can ask to your boss regarding the same. :D

Hi all
Under the grauity act, no deduction can be made . It can not be attched under any circumstance .You can file a pettion to the employer and then to the authority under the grauity act, ACL will be the authority.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™