My Original Certificates With Company - CiteHR
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi ,

Currently I am working in an MNC company where they have got my original 10th and 12th certificates and have signed a bond of 2 and half years .If i am willing to break the bond i would have to pay 3 lakhs . Now, I am doing a support project in that company but my interest is web development.I have a got a new offer to join another start-up in web development .I am currently in one month leave for my arrears examination and before the leave HRs have informed me that I should clear the arrears by this semester are else I will be kicked out . So , I planned to skip 2 papers and inform them that i had health problems and could not clear the papers . But , some of my friends in the company said even if you have arrears they will try to keep you in the project since your are doing well. I am alot confused what to do next , should I abscond without informing (in this case shall the company file any case on me and also what to do in order to get the original certificates) or if i say them that i could not do the examination well and i would like to leave (in this case will they ask me to pay 3 lakhs).

Kindly provide me with your thoughts


Face11301: Are you asking us for a definitive opinion or are you requesting us to weigh the pros and cons?
Face11301: Bond's are illegal, unless they have termed it a 'reimbursement' of training expense and then they are in the right. Your certificates will be returned, irrespective of the nature of your exit.
You will need to decide if you want to pay 3L to break the 'bond' or if you would rather stay with this firm, clear your exams and then decide what you want to do after 2 & 1/2 years.

Talentsorcerer : Thanks for the information . I am not willing to work in that company doing a support work , And to the info I did not write two of the examination , so will it be right to say them that I was not able to finish my arrears kindly leave me and get the certificates . Also , if they don't give me the certificates what should be my next move?
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™