PF Claim Settlement - CiteHR
Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
+1 Other

Prime Sponsor - - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Dear All,
My Sister was working in a school and she resigned in April-14, Now she is following up with the school Management for her PF settlement, but the School Management is not helping her. They are giving various excuses whenever she visits or calls to the School Management.
Now they are giving excuse that the Universal Number Registration Procedure has not been started. When she will get registered with her UN Number den only she will able to settle her PF dues.
As per my knowledge, one can go with the PF Withdrawal procedure if the Employee is not yet registered with the UN number.
Kindly suggest.
Jeet Nag.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
After resigning from the school if she has joined a company where EPF is applicable, it is advisable and simple to get the old account transferred to the present one and this transfer can be done online also. Otherwise, you will have to send the withdrawal forms to the school and get them forwarded to the EPFO. If they are not cooperating, you may file a complaint before the Asst. PF Commissioner of the area. They will take care of the rest of the things.
There is every chance that the school management has not deposited the PF dues and that is why they are showing reluctance to sign the PF forms. Generation of UAN etc have nothing to do with withdrawal. Application for withdrawal and transfer are entertained in hard forms also.
Hi jeet,
If school management is not helping then tell your sister just fill up the PF withdrawl form and submit it in the PF Office further process will done by pf officer...He will sign the documents by the school..
The EPFO has authorised certain persons like MP,MLA, Gazetted officers, Bank Manager ( to which bank the amount of fund should be transferred) etc, to sign the PF forms in the absence of employer or if the employer refuses to sign.It does not mean that you can just submit the form without signature of any of these authorised signatories but you have to get the forms attested by any one of the above and then submit it for withdrawal. The EPFO will then direct the employer to submit the other forms like 3A, 5 and 10.
Prime Sponsor - "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™