also check with the office in Ernakullam, where you handed over the documents and who issued the docket No. This should be done by a personal visit if possible.
for claiming the compensation you will have to revel the contents of the document and then assess the loss.
I have done all those formalities what you mentioned over mail and telephonic discussion. Not visited in person, which time wont be allowing to me.
My specific queries are:
1. How can I send a legal notice to DTDC? Do I need a lawyer help at this point?
2. What is the procedure for file a complaint in consumer forum
3. One I send the legal notice and then DTDC deliver this courier, my efforts get waste or still I can claim anything from them for the delay caused?
4. The content of the courier was some medicine and a mobile cover. What the maximum compensation I can claim?
5. If I go to an advocate and he help me, I have to pay some professional fees to him. Is that possible to claim this as well from DTDC?
Awaiting to hear your comments.
Before going to the Consumer Forum, please check the liability clause mentioned in the back of the Bill/Receipt. It may not exceed a particular limit of amount. DTDC is liable for that only. You can claim insurance on lose of shipment, subject to insured the shipment.