Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Adoni Suguresh
Sr.executive (per & Adm)
Rajesh Kumar Dubey
Manager - Hr
Regional Technical
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi to all,
My name is Chandra Shekher Singh I currently work with telecom company now.
I had resigned from a Electrical Project based company in April, 2011 and requested for PF settlement.
I was unaware that my name as per the Electrical firm's records was entered as Shekhar Singh and same was submitted to PF Office.
My name as per official and bank records is Chandra Shekher Singh.
Therefore, I have a serious issue with my Name mismatch and non settlement of PF claim.
I would like to know what can be the best possible solution here. Is any option? Any suggestions appreciated.
Thank you,
Yours Sincerely,
Chandra Shekher Singh

From India, Delhi
Dear Shekhar Ji,
kindly get in touch with the HR Team, ask him for a Name correction letter duly signed by authorized signatory. you may submitted the same along with PF drawing form.

From India, Mumbai
Your name can be corrected by filing a joint application by yourself and your employer attaching the proof as required by the EPFO’s notification attached. Please follow it. Regards, Madhu.T.K
From India, Kannur

Attached Files
File Type: pdf EPF-Correction Name.pdf (52.4 KB, 2037 views)

You are within your rights to ask and get certified copies of employment application form,PF forms submitted by you to relare why wrong name was submitted to company.
Did employer supply the PF a/c slips/passbook to you......If yes you could have pointed out the error..
The designated HR person can or employer can issue certificate for correction of name.
Keep a copy and demand acknowledgement issued by pF office..

From India, Chandigarh
Mr.Chandra Shekhar Singh,
You have noticed the fault belated. You must have received from the PF office the form No.23, statement of account, if so, you would have raised the objections for correctness of your name in the PF records. Now no problem, you make a application to PF Office through your employer requesting for the correctness of name in the PF records. Please note that along with your application you fill up the Form No.2 and 5 under EPF scheme duly signed by you and your employer so that PF office will take steps in rectifying the name. Nothing to worry but you have to followup personally at your own interest.
Adoni Suguresh
Sr.Executive (Pers, Admin & Ind.Rels) Rtd
Labour Laws Consultant

From India, Bidar
Dear Chandrashekhar,

Greetings for the day,

Rather to follow the lengthy process , you simply tell your employer to draft the below cited letter duly signed by authorised signatory on establishment letter head and enclosed the same with your withdrawal settlement form and submit the same to the epfo, the accumulation will credited to your bank account without any hue and cry : its my humble request that you must go through the letter drafted below :


The Regional PF Commissioner,

Employee Provident Fund Organization,


Sub: Amendment of Employee records for EPF/EPS .

Ref: EPF A/C No. - __________________.

Dear Sir,

Consequent to above mentioned reference & subject this is to inform you that

due to clerical mistake we have wrongly mentioned in EPF/EPS records. The

correction is given below:

Employee Name (Incorrect Name ) to Employee Name (Correct Name)

Any other particulars (incorrect) to Any other particulars (correct)

You are hereby requested to amend your record accordingly. The form-19&10C,

duly completed in all respect with an attested copy of Employee ID (Bank A/C

passbook) are enclosed herewith for your ready reference.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

For Establishment Name.

(Authorised Signatory)

Encls. : As above.

From India, Ghaziabad
Dear All,
i wish to know about the is there any procedure to change name in p.f account , company wrong name submit in p.f account My name is Tushar but name shown on p.f account hemant kumar sonpal in that case what should i do many time i have requested to company for resolve this issue provide related document of change my real name ..they are not taking this seriously company head office is mumbai & i am living in delhi ..
kindly suggest needful action regarding this ..almost 1 year complete

From India, undefined
Mr Tushar Please read earlier suggestion by our senior fellow Mr Madhu,
From India
thank you rajesh kumar , can i submit this form along with required document to delhi p.f office ,, earlier my company based in mumbai .. any suggestion
From India, undefined
Get it rectified from RPFC, Mumbai, I think ur PF will be deposited in Mumabi, Put all relevant papers regarding Correction in support of Ur Name and it must be verified from ur employer and u both, then deposit. You must have been alloted UAN, it ( Name ) will also be changed in UAN Card
From India
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™