I am working as an IT Professional in an organization from 1st April 2013-present date.
At the time on joining i signed 2 years agreement with the organization worth 1 Lakh INR which is ending on 31st March 2015.
From past 6 months at this organization i have no project and sitting idle which i presume will spoil my career.
Also company has provided me a training worth 25,000 INR
I have resigned from my current position but they are asking for complete amount 1,25,000 INR for remaining four months only.
I have no issues in paying them 25,000 + the remaining four months on the prorate basis but they are not agreeing that.
I dont want to stay here for the sake of my career, could anyone please suggest me what i can do here legally.
Any leads would be appreciated on this as i dont want to pay 1 Lakh just for remaining 4 months.
28th October 2014 From India, Bangalore
it is advisable that you may think of drawing an A/c payee cheque / Demand draft in favour of your employer for the amount being worked out for the remaining period of contract on pro-rata basis and send it by RPAD with suitable covering letter to your employer. I appreciate your genuinenity in complying the terms of contract. I think, the pro-rata payment on your liability is legally valid. Try to convince your HR repeatedly by slowly and steadily taking authority on your hand so as to show your displeasure against the dragging on the issue unnecessarily.; If it is not materialized you can approach the legal expert in handling Civil matters, with due caution to your employer. Approach this issue on the basis of "Teach a Lesson or Learn a Lesson" OK.
Thanks & regards,
V Sridhar
28th October 2014 From India, Mumbai
Hi Sridharan Sir,
I agree with you on the above said protocol, however i tried convincing my employer but they are not even willing to listen to me.
If i will send them legal notice they will hold my relieving letter. I am joining other organization next month and without the experience and relieving letter they wont let me join.
In this case, i dont want to play with my career, however according to the law i should not pay them the full amount even supreme court has law for the same and which is in favor of employee.
Please suggest me further steps, is it possible that i can send them legal notice once i pay them the full amount and receive the relieving letter. Like after a month or so?
Awaiting to hear from you. Thanks :)
28th October 2014 From India, Bangalore
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™