Korgaonkar K A
Hr Consultant

Thread Started by #pnaga2010

I retired in 28th February 2014...but company declared increment in April2014, effective from January 2014. Will i be eligible for increment as increment was not considered during my calculation for retirement benefits. Pls let me know.
28th October 2014 From India, Chennai
why not you make a written representation to your employer and see as to how they respond to it. Such increment was declared by a wage settlement, your representation will be taken for consideration. Please put on an initial effort, as it is already lapsed 6 months and come back with full details.
Thanks & regards,
V Sridhar
28th October 2014 From India, Mumbai
THank u, Sridhar.... Already i have made a written representation...but the HR is telling that as thye increment was declared in April i will not be eligible. My contention is that, as the increment is 3efeective from January on which date i was in service i should be eligible for the increment and my retirement benefits should be calculated on my new salary.
Please guide me as to what can be done. I think there would be some High court /Supreme court judgements regarding this as there would have been some previous cases like this.
29th October 2014 From India, Chennai
Dear Pavan ji,
According to me, you are not liable for increment unless it is specifically mentioned in the agreement that the benefits under the agreement are extended to those who have left and not on roll as on the date of signing the agreement.
I don't feel that there will be such a clause in the agreement.
29th October 2014 From India, Mumbai
I agree that declaration of increment was made in April 2014. However, the wage increment was given with retrospective effect i.e January 2014, in which period you were in service of your employer. In the absence of any terms in the written form disqualifying you in getting such increment, you are entitled to such benefits for the period you were in service till your retirement. You may please draw a letter to your employer claiming such benefits inclusive of difference in your retiral benefits and send it to them by RPAD. They will definitely respond to you in writing. If they fail to respond, you may approach this issue thro' a proper logal forum. Since you being the retired person, you can approach this issue as an interesting one.
Thanks & regards,
V Sridhar
30th October 2014 From India, Mumbai
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™