Ms Seema

Hello Seniors, my Company is in Bangalore & we follow Karnataka rules for all our salary other regulations. We have taken AMC from a company in other state where our technicians & engineers are deployed. Could you please let me know which statutory compliance do our company need to follow, It is very difficult for us to follow different compliance for only 4 employees.
Thanks Ms Seema

From India, Bangalore
Partner - Risk Management
Pragnaa HR Compliance Services
Pragnaa Shree Venture India Pvt. Ltd
Legal Advisor Compliance And Benefit
Psychological Assesment, Training, Recruitment,
Consultancy_hr & Ir
Kritarth Consulting
Posh Programs; Hr Management Consultants
+3 Others


Dear Ms.Seema
If at all you taken license under Contract Labour Act to those people then you have to follow the central rules it is better to follow the central rules to those employees to do the work easily or you have to follow the respective state\'s Shops & Est Act.
M.Vinay Kumar

From India, Hyderabad
Pragnaa HR Compliance Services

Hi Ms Seema, Could you please highlight what exactly the problems your organization facing...
From India, Chennai
Ms Seema

Hi Basically from our Company few team members are at client site under Annual Maintenance Contract.Ours is mid sized company of less then 70 employees.We are here following up all the regular compliance of our state. Want to know for employees at client site, their legal dept ask for us to follow their compliance as it is a very big manufacturing company.Do we have to follow their set of compliance & salary break up etc of that state or follow our state as they are our employee .
Also want to know how do we categorize skilled ,semi skilled unskilled labour.
Thanks % Regards

From India, Bangalore
Pragnaa HR Compliance Services

Understand that you are a contractor & supporting the Principal Employer by deploying your resources at their premises, which is in other state.
In this case, you are a contractor and supposed to comply under the contract Labour Act. But, the applicability of contract labour Act need to be verified based on your employees (contract labours) strength where you have deployed / as per state rules (not sure the nature of business of your principal employer).
For any cases, you have supposed to maintain some mandatory statutory registers, separately for those contract workers, whether comes under the CLRA Act or Minimum Wages Act based on the applicability.

From India, Chennai

There are different acts that apply and your compliance requirement at client place needs to be based on a number of factors.

1. If you have 20 or more employees at one client location, you need license under contract labour act. If not, then you do not need a license.

2. You need to have PF registration at your head office and pay PF for all other than exempt employees. You may need to show proof of payment of statutory dies to the client.

3. You need to register for ESIC and cover all employees with gross salary of up to ₹15000 (just modified to ₹25000). Do this also at Central location, but ensure that family photo smart card are issued to all employees even if they are not in Bangalore. Again proof of coverage needs to be shown to client.

4. You need to maintain attendance register, leave register, fines register, advance register and muster roll / wage register at each location, properly filled and kept up to date.

5. Payment of wages (other than direct transfer to bank) should be made in presence of a representative of the principal employer (client) and his signature / certificate to be taken on the last page of the wage registers for each month

The above are not negotiable and the cost of doing business. These should have been taken into account when quoting for the work.

From India, Mumbai

Dear Seema,
i'm suggest you a simple way i know you are a contractor and you provide a few employees to your principal employer at an another state, and you want to know who's state rule you'll follow. don't warry first of all you have to required to take labour license from there on behalf of those company, but i think you are not eligible for contract labour license becuase you are deploy only four employees. hence you have to required maintane few register under contract labour act and it's applicable for all india based details are given below.
1. Form - XIII
2. Form - XIV
3. Form - XV
4. Form - XVI
5. Form - XVII
6. Form - XIX
7. Form - XX
8. Form - XXI
9. Form - XXII
10. Form - XXIII
and EPFO & ESIC deduct from your employee's a deposit at your main code.
you have have any queries about compliance then you can contact with me throught my mail id
Thanks & Regards
Ashish Shaw

From India, Kolkata
Kritarth Consulting

Dear Ms Seema,


Position: The respective State Govt.'s Rules framed under the C L ( Regulation& Abolition) Act 1070 shall naturally apply to the Establishment ( all other Establishments located in that State jurisdiction) of the Principal Employer who has engaged your Establishment ( vide Form IV & V) to deploy the agreed No of CL within their premises for the Work of the Principal Employer given-on-contract to your Establishment.

Please be guided accordingly. The classification of Skilled/Semi -Skilled and Unskilled can be ascertained from the respective State Govt Notification. Further, the Moot Point is Not the No of C L Engaged by the Contractor-Company /Establishment but the Will to Be Compliant-Company and remain so all along. Choice is yours. Law of the Land will take its own course, sooner than later. So, Beware.

Kritarth Team of Compliance Outsourcing Advisory

Kritarth Consulting Pvt Ltd, Kritarth Consulting Private Limited

Bengaluru Unit

12th Oct 2014.

From India, Delhi

I am working with a co. based in Delhi and i need to know the following:
1. The amount of pf which we need to submit to the pf authority as the salary amount after deducting lta and medical is 19833 and 10,000 p.m. as per the new rules
2. The amount of pf which we need to be deducted from the employee's salary as per the new rules
3. the salary break-ups for those who doesn't opted for pf and their salary is 22,000/- p.m
4. the link where we need to upload employees kyc details.

From India, Chandigarh

Dear all Any prescribe any time salry limit for referring a dispute to the labour court? or any body can go to the labour court irrespective of salary? Please guide me Regards
From India, New Delhi

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server