Better to stay away from such Consultancies and depend upon your hard work and skills.
Re your Campus selection, ask your Placement Officer to pursue the matter with the Company. However, till you have a firm offer in hand you should keep trying for suitable positions.
I already asked my placement officer he told me "they will call you.. Now there is no vacancy, so they will call may be at next year,so you try another job until they call you..
I and my friend attended one interview we are short list from the tow rounds and finally we enter into HR Interview they asked us you must pay 45000 for me to selecting you at this company he asked initially you pay 15000 only at the time of start career here,and the remaining amount of 30000 is will taken from your salary of 6 month. actually they offer the for us is 12000 only.
I am telling this is happen only in core companies I dont know what happen in IT companies I am trying only core side. I am facing these troubles. I am searching Job daily from all company web sides. I did not see any fresher vacancies, But I dont know how the consultancies provide the jobs for freshers.
I want to know Is it my fault to choosing engineering ? or HR fault to asking Money. ?
If You will give the chance to us Then only you know I am good or bad engineer. If that people ask money means I underestimate
Just I am sharing my experience and feeling of the last 3 months
2) Was this offer to pay up openly made by the HR ? How big is that company - nature of business, turnover, number of employees etc. You need not give the Company name.
3) Many freshers face the same dilemma as you - no experience no job but you need job to get experience !
4) Some companies do ask for bonds etc. from freshers since the tendency of freshers to leave just after a few months of training period is high...fact. However, at least I am not aware of any Company HR Deptt openly asking bribes from Candidates to give them a job.
5) Some consultancies may be having relationships with HR personnel for fresher's jobs. But I think these would be for low level companies and would not be talked about openly since it'd put all at risk. That is then your call - try to get references from successful candidates and proceed accordingly. Al;though personally I'd not focus on such companies but I do realise that burdens of being jobless are heavy indeed.
6) Lack of jobs has nothing to do with your qualifications, it exists in all functions , and sometimes, even for middle / senior levels. So don't get disheartened by that.
Maybe Sr. HR people can come in with their viewpoints ...
Meanwhile , this could be of interest to all on this thread ......
Hiring scandal: How corrupt recruiters are cheating jobseekers, colleges and IT companies - Business Today
Sorry for replay at late
I am not eligible, because I am 2014 passed out student. and my college rule says " If one person selected a company he/she is not eligible for attending another company" so I am not attend other companies after I placed that company.
Actually is neither small company nor big company. Its cable manufacturing company they manufacture all types of Electrical and communication cable. This company now doing government project and most known big company's project. The website shows yearly turnover is 50 to 100 crore
Sir every experienced person is a fresher once upon a time. I am very well known The Graduates or freshers are enter into the company through campus only. but unfortunately my company is not sending call letter for me. That is why I am decide to approach consultant.
I think consultant are bridges between freshers and HR. but consultant charges more amount of money with using HR's name.
I seen some consultancies they give list of companies and vacancies but they ask 32000 rs but salary is 8000. approximately they ask 4 to 5 months salary.
our college recruited company offered me is 1.5 L pa at training period after training they offered 2.0L pa.
I am very sad about my situation......................................... ..........