Adoni Suguresh
Sr.executive (per & Adm)
+1 Other

Prime Sponsor - - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Please help in calculating the salary breakup of emplyees whose salary is below in Rajasthan Salary below 5000/- pm Salary above 5000/- Salary above 10000/-
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Please ensure that what is minimum wages of Rajasthan, then only bifurcation can provided. Rather to jump on any conclusion i providing you the head under which salary can be bifurcated.
Basic- not less than the minimum wages of the state (50%-60% of the gross salary)
HRA-40% of the basic salary.
Cony- Rs. 800/- maximum above than that is taxable.
Med. Allowance- Rs. 1250/- above than that is taxable.
Other allowance- balance should be merged in this.
Thanks & Regards,
Sumit Kumar Saxena
We are running a Private hospital in Rajasthan and having a staff of 40 skilled & semi skilled employee. At present we paying salary in cash, now we decided to pay salary through bank but there has some govt. liability arises, which mention below
Employee Contribution Employer Contribution
PF 12% of basic 13.67% of basic
ESI 1.75% of Gross Salary 4.75% of Gross Salary
Minimum salary we paid 5000/-
Maximum salary we paid 15000/-
Now plz help me to solve below mention queries related to staff salary:
1. how we can reduce Employer contribution liability (PF & ESI)
2. how we calculate overtime
3. which part of salary not covered under ESI Gross Salary criteria

Please let us know whether your hospital is registered under What Act. Accordingly you have to pay the Minimum Rates of Wages as applicable for semi skilled and skilled. You say that minimum salary Rs.5000. I think this is the below the minimum wages. Please find our the minimum rates of wages applicable in your state and pay the salary without any minimum or maximum. If you are paying the salary above the minimum rates of wages as specified by the state government and then giive bifurcation of salary as Basic, DA. Conv and other allowance as advised Mr.Saxena.

Now your further query :

1. You cannot reduce any liability of your employer. Liability should be paid as per the records. No compromise in the laws.

2. If a employee is engaged to work on over time, then, you have to pay the over time wages at the double rate of normal wages. Maintain the records of OT wages.

3. Since you have not given the criteria of salary we are unable to advice you .

Please come out with the real fact and case then only seek the advice on actual case basis and not on random or assumption grounds.

Adoni Suguresh

Sr.Executive (Pers, Admin & Ind.Rels) Rtd

Labour Laws Consultant
Prime Sponsor - "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™