i m a MBA student . This is a case study of organisation behaviour. Please send me solution.of it. I have to submit it.
NP software Technology was a MNC . HQ in NEW YORK , keen to develop a design centre in INDIA . So in1998 When the Indian centre, at Bangalore got ready , the company sent its recruiting agency to select a Sr Manager ( in charge of software and hardware groups ) and required to directly report to the Country Manager , ( to be based in Bangalore ). The The recruiting agency forwarded the name of Mukesh , 32 year of age, a B.Tech (IIT,Mumbai) with 10 years of industrial experience ( including handling of a few foreign assignments ) To suit the post of a senior manager. The core team from NP were impressed by Mukesh's performance at the interview and offered him the job.
Mukesh joined NP in june 1999 , in the first six months aftet joining NP , Mukesh showed interest and was actively involved in recruiting many engineers ( either freshers or with a few year of relevant experience ) to join NP's Hardware and Softwarev divisions . After sometime i.e., from early 2000 Onwards Mukesh behaviour started changing and this was visible in the type of decision taken by him . To quote a few instances: the new recruit were invited for a prep talk immediately after the orientation programme . During this meeting Mukesh did most of the talking and did not encourage the new entrants to open up and mingle with each other .
- Very often Mukesh was heard voicing aloud on finding it difficult to set clear cut directions and delegate properly to his subordinates.
- When the top management took strategic decisions to re-organise divisions ,adopt new production technologies and reduce its workforce , Mukesh found it difficult to implement the needed adaptions . Very often he was seen getting into verbal fights with the country manager , and not able to convince his subordinates about the new trasformations and changes suggested by the top management .
- At times , his subordinates found it more apt to approch the Country Manager's Chamber and seek clarity with regards to their work .
- Mukesh was called by his superior and told to modify his behaviour in view of the company and his own interest . But Mukesh took the talk from the country manager in his own stride and very lightly . Ultimately one fine day, Mukesh was asked to resign and leave NP Software Technologies.
Questions for discussion
1. Do you think it was wrong on the part of Mukesh to have joined NP SOftware Technologies ?
2. What suggestions can you make to Mukesh to help him to modify his behaviour ?
Write your answer to the case study and THEN ask the members here to have a look at it and make some suggestions on any matter you have missed.
You will learn nothing by other people writing your assignments and it is dishonest to say the least.
By all means ask for help, but do the work first, and then ask.
If you are having problems with the assignment, talk to your lecturer or professor FIRST and seek their guidance on how to proceed.
From Australia, Melbourne
Dear Raghunathan and Alok,
I have taken the liberty of deleting your messages, which contain answers to the question raised. This I have done to encourage Surabhi to think through and come up with an answer. I will restore your messages, soon.
I hope you do take this action in the right spirit.
From United Kingdom
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.