Hr ( Generalist)
Senior Manager - Administration
The manual prepared is good and covers many topics. However, I am specifically looking for the provision of Earned leave. Can some one tell me what is the number of days of earned leave that is allowed under the AP Shops and Establishment Act?
24th December 2007 From India, Hyderabad
Thanx for up-loading the AP Shops & Est. Act.
If you have any query for Mah laws please feel free to aks me.
Also I have some Query about Contract Labour Act.
What are the Advantages and Dis-Advantages of appointment of Contract Labour?
Also whether we can appoint the contract labour on Machinery. whether there are any exceptions to sec. 10 of contract Labour Act.
What are the compliances if we want the absorption of Contract Labour as a Regular employee.
What we should have to give a contract Labour after absorption excepting Bonus, Gratuity and Leaves.
WAITING FOR REPLY
7th May 2009 From India
Y S Sarma
28th August 2009 From India, Mumbai
Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs, I have gone through the previous comments on this thread and found them very informative. Just wanted to post some queries that I had :
1) I was working in the capacity of Vice President-Sales at a mid-sized ( approx. 1,000 employees) IT Enabled Services company based in Hyderabad. My salary was Rs. 18 Lacs/annum, plus performance based incentives.
2) I was terminated in February 2013 citing performance reasons, which are clearly spurious since my salary increments, promotions, performance incentives & performance appraisals have been exceptional in the 3 years that I worked with the company.
3) I know that I won't come under the category of a Workman under the Industrial Disputes Act 1947, considering my position, responsibilities and salary.
3) Anyway, my question was : will I be eligible to claim Service Compensation from the company, i.e. 15 days of salary for every 1 year served under the company, as per Clause 47 of the Shops & Establishment Act of AP, 1988 ?
4) My Full & Final Settlement has still not been paid by the company, since they proposed a significant reduction in the same which I didn't accept. So, as on date, the possibility of getting a service compensation is still open.
Please let me know if you need any clarifications before providing your valuable advise.
1st July 2013 From India, Bangalore