Quit The Job Within A Week And Offer Is Put On Hold Due To Notice Period - CiteHR
Ravi5554
Asst.manager -hr
Rk_sweetrascak
Software Engineer
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hello seniors,

This discussion is on behalf of my friend, My friend got fired from previous company till now he didnt share me the details why he got fired from his previous company. After that he started searching for a job, he got an offer from one company A, and he went to Company A for 1 week, now me and my friend attended interview in another company B(we became friend there only), there also he got offer. Now he is willing to join in Company B. He is asking me to say some reason to quit company A, I said just do inform HR that you are not comfortable with the Company A and join in Company B like I said, but it makes me feel its not at all professional way to do it, so I request some professionals to advise some way to quit company A. The reason to quit company A is Salary,Big organization.

I have one doubt too, I also got selected in Company B and they released conditional offer letter for me with pay structure and all, but my notice period is 45 days in my company, for this they put me on hold. My friend is immediate joinee so he got offer letter soon. So is there any chance that I will be thrown out? HR said within 3 days we will let you know about the status... So am afraid.....

Please advise.

Hi,
1.Firstly i ask why your friend wants to leave company A, for the sake of salary if he will change company 3 days ones then he will not be satisfied any of the companies.
2. This is the time to, stay and think not run and think so better before you will join any company make your self comfortable to work minimum 2 years, because if you will change the jobs in short duration then future companies will raise the question on your stability.
3. Now come to your point, still your friend in probation period so no need to serve any notice period and just inform to HR, you not need to continue the job.
4. May be your notice period is the reason you are getting delay for offer letter and may be they required immediate joiners so your friend got offer letter, that decisions totally depends on the management so keep trying in other companies also.

Thanks for your response.... I will convey this to him, moreover he was waiting for this Company B offer only.... the process took almost 1 month meanwhile he got offer and joined in Company A. So now he wants to go to Company B.
For me, is it possible to cancel my conditional offer letter due to notice period constraints alone? Then why HR asked me for 3 days time to update me about the status? Is there any chance for decision change?

Hi!!
Better to have a clear discussion with HR & talk about the exact status. You should also convey them that you can reduce your notice period (if possible) and if this is the reason behind your offer letter delay).
Good luck!!

Be firm & transparent in communication about your notice period, let employer choose if they want to wait... and, Good companies wait for right talent.
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.






About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™