The best way to find out the training need is Performance appraisal.. you can understand the rating from performance appraisal & find the reason of the same, by same way you may find out that, which training they are need to achieve the goal & accordingly you can plan out the training calender.
- Identify your topics;
- then note down the time available, profile of the participants, no. of participants, what should be the outcome of the training, knowledge of the participants in the topic.
- Now write down the training sequence for the selected topic - simulate/rehearse if possible - make changes.
- Your training module is ready. Now give a catchy title and inform your senior team that your training module is ready.
- Feel free to contact me for more details. I am quick with emails.
- Mubarak Ali, Evergreen Talent Development Consultants, Goa, India. Email-
Before delivery of training it is very much important to know the actual requirement for training. Because training is an area which costs a lot. Hence, It is required to take wise and effective decision. In general, you may go as per below structure:
2) Content Designing
3) Pre-Training Assessment
4) Training Delivery
5) Post Training Assessment
If you need some more information, I shall be happy to provide you.
Appreciate you planning out this initiative to develop your employees!
Our recommendation on your approach to this would be this 10 step process:
1. Establish clearly the vision and mission of the organization
2. Categorize all employees by their role/responsibility and define what is expected from each category in
a) Long term objectives in alignment with the organization's goals and
b) Short term goals which should include their output to all stakeholders
c) Identify what each category is already doing well and where the gap between what is needed and being delivered lies in
d) Specific areas where enhancement of skills/attitude is required – this should be based on inputs from all levels of your organization in a bottom up approach
3. Define/refine the KRAs for each of these people and also include areas of improvement needed for each employee
4. Baseline the complete set of skills that are common in most of these employees
5. Identify the availability/duration/time frame when the employees can all be pulled out from their work as a group or in batches
5. Decide on whether you would like to adopt 1) Accelerated Learning Model where you plan a one/two/three full day workshop to cover all the areas you identified 2) Application & Impact Model where you spread the training over 12 weeks with 4 hours of training every week which would give them a opportunity to apply what they learn over a full week 3) Sustained Growth Model where you plan one day workshops every month over a year where each workshop addresses one of the areas of improvement you identified
6. Compare between training vendors and choose the one that best fits your needs and budget
7. Conduct a preliminary assessment of where the participants stand
8. Implement the program that the chosen vendor designs and develops for you as a customized solution - not a generic one size fits all standard one
9. Obtain feedback from participants on the effectiveness of the sessions
10. Have monthly self assessments and managerial evaluations of the employees to determine how effective the program has been in terms of them applying what they learnt in practical situations
If you would like to consider Leopard Hill Global Learning as one of the vendors you want to evaluate, please let us know - we would be happy to assist you in every step of the above process. We are attaching collateral about our company to help you evaluate us further.
Wishing you all the success in your initiative!
Thanks & Regards,
Executive Training Partner
Leopard Hill Global Learning
Website: Home - Leopard Hill Global Learning
For new joined in your organization you have to conduct induction / orientation programs.
So that new joined also know about the culture and goal of your organization.
First of all you identified training need identification (TNI), through performance system, 360 appraisal evaluation, questionnaire, feed back from HOD etc.
After that you have to categories the employees as per above said TNI and accordingly prepare training calender and organize training program as per direction of management.
Wishing you all the success
Thanks & Regards
Great Initiative. For you to achieve this you need to liaise and work with the middle and senior management. I would suggest:
For Current Employees:
Step 1: Look at performance appraisal data for at least a year, see the trend. Also for a company size of 30, it will be easy for you to request your Testing team to provide you with performance reports/QA reports per employee which will allow you a glimpse in to how many showstopper bugs, critical bugs etc and do they all fall in and around the same skill area.
Step 2: Basis all the data you have collated, start building a skill matrix. Involve either your technical delivery managers or senior managers to gain more insight on the skills that each resource puts on the table. With this exercise you can identify skill gaps.
Step 3: Understand what kind of projects are coming in and what skills would be required for delivering those.
Step 4: Start building a Performance Improvement Plan, Set training objectives with the help of technical delivery managers. Then break it into smaller achievable tasks. Give each learning area a definite time frame and monitor it. Assign Mentors to assist the resource with his learning objectives.
Step 5: Conduct Assessments at the end of each task/module. Get the Technical managers to design the technical test and assess if training objectives have been met
For Freshers/New Recruits:
Step 1: In the recruitment process make them give a technical test (application test, not objective) to judge basic skills, core concepts are clear and also gain a insight into their coding style and if good practices are followed
Step 2: If you have hired a fresher, immediately get a training plan ready which will allow the fresher to be productive from the 2nd month. Do not expect the hire to know everything. Start with small steps. for eg. If you work on DRUPAL , get them to learn basic drupal, so they start contributing. Have a structured step by step plan which allows the recruit to understand the language, its syntax etc. and have a 6 months training plan following the training pattern of learning and assessments.
For experienced new recruits, use the metrics from the recruitment to identify skill gaps
Step 1: Get the project manager and technical delivery manager to conduct a performance review after two months of joining, to assess if the recruit should continue in the organisation or whether he/she can come up to page if they are provided adequate training. I am assuming your probation period is 3 months, if not please get a feedback earlier on.
Step 2. Formulate training plan
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me here via citehr community 1-2-1 messaging or you could email me at
we have to prepare and induction note which includes roles , responsibilities objectives . apart from INA we have to train the desired employees in client communication email etiquette telephone etiquette .negotiation skills .personality development
apart from these if the desired candidates have poor verbal skills we have to train on basic voice and accent and basic English with out MTI
We need to understand that they are human beings and they must be treated like them first. We need to make them feel good with some life skill workshops so that they realize the importance of right feelings, positive emotions. It will help in ensuring more connectivity, cohesion at work place which will work wonders. Some Humanizing workshops must be held by some certified and competent persons to bring about amazing results in their own lives and professional lives which will ultimately reflect on the health of the organization.