Dear Friends
i want to know about the procedures of rejoining employees,here one employee resigned for his marriage after marriage he came to join as the same Employee ID if it is possible kindly give the advise for me both worker and staff category thanking you

From India, Coimbatore
Harsh Kumar Mehta
Consultant In Labour Laws/hr
Administration & Liaisoning Head
Hr Manager
Assistant Manager-hrd
Adoni Suguresh
Sr.executive (per & Adm)
Sr. Hr Team Member
Esi & Pf Consultant
Hr Recruiter
+1 Other


How many months he was away from work?
Have you informed to PF office in your ECR that he has resigned?
Have you given him his gratuity if he has completed 5 yrs of service?
these questions are important to guide you further..........
Arun J.

From India, Hyderabad

Dear Sam,
If you haven't completed separation formalities then you can continue him for his service since its an employer call to retain his employee which is again a good faith for an employee's prospective.

From India, Mumbai

You can not offer the same employee ID to the employee (ex-employee) who has resigned once with any reason because the resignation can always be treated as resignation /separation from company/employer which means the said employee and you (Employer) has no relation furthermore or not bound in any employment conditions.
After accepting resignation or registered the same in your records once, you can not make alteration in the record and you have have to follow /perform the complete joining formalities once again for the said employee for a fresh employment if he wants to join or you are ready to reappoint him.
As I said above, procedure of reappointing any employee is to opt for complete formalities for the fresh appointment
-create a new employee file by following the joining procedure properly
-required to make proper employee E-registrations
-create new employee Id and so on...

From India, Gurgaon

Employee rejoined with same concern within one month if i have treated as a new employee, what is the procedures of to continue ESI & PF accounts kindly post me thanks
From India, Coimbatore

Dear Sam
whether you mentioned that employee as resigned in ECR FORMAT?If so, you have to give new pf code no to the same employee;if suppose you have not mentioned in ECR FORMAT,you can continue the same account number.As far as ESI CONCERN, the same code number to be followed

From India, Madras

Rejoining procedure will be according to the management policy.
The Rejoining will be as a fresh or with continuity of earlier service.
In continuity of service the ESI and PF numbers will continue. similarly the ID of the employee will be same.
In case of fresh joining, all will changes as newly joined.

From India, Hyderabad
Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. The Insurance Number allotted to any employee/Insured Person under ESI Act/rules/ regulations can continue regardless of change of employment. There are no limitations under said ESI Act/Rules/Regulations for use of old Insurance number. Rather now the biometric card procedure adopted refuses to issue fresh number to any insured person in case he had earlier been issued any insurance number.
2. Further under ESI Act it is always beneficial to employees to link old insurance number because the eligibility to various benefits will be easily determined and the contributions paid in earlier employment will be counted for obtaining of such benefits.

From India, Noida
Adoni Suguresh

Dear Mr.Sam,
The employee who has resigned from the services of the company and relieve from his duties then it ceased his employment whatever may be the reasons. If he joining again on same post, the management can exercise his discretion I mean service conditions etc. If employer agree to accept his willingness, then you have to open a separate file and allot him new employee code and all new as if new appointment. In any case you should not link with his previous records or codes, accountnumbers etc etc. If a OPF and ESI member you allot a new code number.
I hope matter is cleared to you. Any doubt feel free to write in this thread.
Adoni Suguresh
Sr.Executive (Pers, Admin & Ind.Rels) Rtd
Labour Laws Consultant

From India, Bidar

Re-appointment of an ex-employee will depend on the re-employment policy of your company.
It is advisable to take back the ex-employee as a fresh/new employee by opening
a fresh employee record and allot a new employee ID no with a new employee ID card
Similarly you can arrange to get a new IP no under ESI and new PF Account no.
R K Nair

From India, Aizawl

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server