Industrial Relations
Harsh Kumar Mehta
Consultant In Labour Laws/hr
+4 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,

Apologize to start this new thread similar to early common threads but new threads give some active responses within time with the concern about my PF. I am currently staying at Bangalore and was working for a Delhi based co. which used to deduct my PF every month since the time i joined (Never gave salary slip though) and when i left that organization last month they relieved me and gave me last three months salary slip as a matter of formalities in which i found they officially deducted my PF but to my surprise there was no PF number mentioned on the salary slip. Since am no more into the system and the real thing start where i always heard and seen from people, books and movies that the chase begin. I wrote couple of mails regarding the same to my HR who passes the same to account team and after 23 calls somehow i manage to speak to accounts manager, where he said that give me your full name, fathers name and address & will send you your PF number. But as expected no more response after 19 unanswered calls and still going just from your expertise (whoever feels to help me in this concern) as its Delhi based organization and i am residing in Bangalore, is it necessary that all the judicial activities will take place at Delhi? If it is so, then i believe they knew that after leaving the company people do look to get settle in some other firm don't have time to run behind and making them nothing to do against them, which i feel is planned in their part. Needed some advice what can be done locally.

From India, Bangalore
If the employer has deducted EPF amount and not deposited the same with the EPFO - Regional Provident Fund Commissioner (RPFC) concerned, it is a crime. You can complain to the RPFC Delhi and seek redressal of your grievance. Keep copies of your correspondence with you. Send all correspondence by Registered Post. No need to go for litigation.
From India, Madras
But again all things will need to be done through mails or registry??
From India, Bangalore
Yes. All correspondence should better be by conventional snail mail and not by e-mail.
From India, Madras
Mr Amit I doubt that you will succeed in your efforts. Once you leave the organisation, you will get lukewarm response from your erst-while organisation. You also told that during your stay they did not allot you PF number. Hence the link between PF organisation and you is not there. At least there is weak link of 3 months PF recovery. Hope the seniors will guide from this angle. I did this exercise for some workers and for them the organisation paid both employer's and employee's subscription. This they did to avoid to bad name.
From India, Nellore
Thank you sambasivakamasani, i send them form 19 and 10C for which they said that they will proceed it in 60 days
i dont need to take worry on that part, so now can just wait for 60 days than can see what can be done.

From India, Bangalore

1. In the thread, you have not mentioned the duration for which you worked with the Delhi based firm and your EPF contribution was deducted from your wages.

2. In my opinion, you should have submitted your representation in writing as well as online through e-mail to EPFO, Delhi area alongwith copy of the pay slip showing provident fund contribution deductions alongwith EPF Registeration number and ask for the desired informations including your EPF number as well as total contribution, if any, paid by your earlier company.

3. After elapse of about one month period, you can call for all such information under RTI from CPIO of the EPFO of Delhi area where your said ex-firm is located by indicating therein the EPFO Registration number/code number of your said ex-employer.

4. In such matters, I have also observed that the mechanism of public grievances as laid down in following website of central govt. is also very useful:

:: Grievance Registration Form ::

EPFO is also a Central Govt. organisation and is liable for reply to all grievances submitted under above pgportal.However, you can use the services of this portal, only after you have submitted an official letter to the EPFO of your area asking for desired information. Until and unless your grievance is not created, in my opinion, in government circles, no body will examine the issue and no body will investigate and reply you.

5. In my opinion, there is hardly any hope of your writing again and again to your ex-employer or their HRs. The compliance of labour laws in our country is very poor. In my opinion, social security laws enforcement machinery(ies) are not effective.

From India, Noida
Dear Amit et al

We all are insisting our members whoever needs guidance, to give complete details about the query. Without getting full details no one can give you correct reply.

Please reply to the following question.

1. What is your date of joining

2. Date of Leaving

3. Details of Non contributory Period

4. Have you ever filled any form 11 for any exemption from deduction of PF

5. Have you got your relieving letter (experience certificate / service certificate) from the previous employer. If so then please check in that experience certificate for your PF Number.

6. Do you know your Establishment code of your company. If yes, then you can check for your name from the monthly remittance details from ECR uploading details.

7. Except the cases of Death and Superannuation, the PF Claims can be entertained by the company / RPFO only after 2 months leave period. So if you left the company last month, then you cannot claim now.

Please consider giving the reply for the above questions then you can get the complete details from our members.

From India, Kumbakonam
Thanks and let me give you the answers which are in my knowledge,

1. Date of Joining - 02-Feb-13

2. Date of Leaving - 17-May-14

3. Don't Know what is it.

4. I have filled a form for my PF at time of my joining only where i just gave my details and nominee names, i dont think so there were any clause in that form regarding deduction of PF. After that i never filled any form in regards to the same.

5. Yeah i got my relieving letter, and they only mentioned my Date of Joining and Date of Leaving that's it. There is no PF number mentioned on that as well as nothing was mentioned on Salary slip which they give me only when i left the job, before they never used to give.

6. No i dont know the CODE but i spoke to few of EPFO members, they gave me this number DL/xxx/xxxxxx but i dont know how to check mine name there.

I have sent them a mail that i need to withdraw money urgently and shall fill the form 10C and form 19, kindly give me my PF number for the same to which they replied that send us the forms and will take care of that, you don't need to worry.

So what you suggest, do i need to wait for 60 days or should i write to EPFO, now am confused !!!!

From India, Bangalore
As per the details given by you is for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. company and its address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, if the same is correct then you can check the availability of the names covered in PF from the below list.

Employees' Provident Fund Organization, India (EPFO)

Total Records: 15

Sl. No.

Employee Name
















If the company name is correct then it is a defaulting company and they have paid the PF Due only for 11 persons to 15 persons and it was remitted only on 28 June 2014 to 01 July 2014 for the period from May 2012 to December 2013. Further they have not remitted for the period from Jan 14 to May 14. This is for your information.

Hope your company might have obtained the Form 11 from you, so that you are being paid above Rs.6500/- basic salary and till now you have never been a member in EPF.

From India, Kumbakonam

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™