would you like to guide me in the below given issues.
1.Govt. declares the minimum wages for the workers( For unskilled, skilled, office staff etc.) .Can we make the breakup of that minimum wages and deduct the PF, at a lower rate.
For examble:- The Current minimum wages for unskilled worker in Delhi is Rs.3516.00.can we make the break up of this wages as Basic - Rs.2500.00 & other allowance - Rs.1016.00 and deduct the PF on basic.
please clarify and also inform the ruling for this to proceed further.
Thanks & Regards
Rajeev Pathak

6th October 2007 From India, Calcutta

Labour Laws & Ir
Rajesh Kumar Dubey
Manager - Employee Relations (ir)
Raj Meritech
Executive (hr & Admn.)
Officer Hr
+1 Other

Dear Rajeev,
First of all i want to tell you that Basic Wages is the meaning wages. We cant Bifurcate the Minimum Wages because it is Basic Wages. But after that I seen that most of employer Bifurcate the minimum wages that is against law. So you can also Bifurcate the minimum wages but you should remember the following things:-
1) ESIC will be deduct on full minimum wages. You cant Bifurcate Minimum wages for ESIC.
2) For PF Your minimum Basic wages should be Rs. 1950/- because Employer side minimum PF should be Rs. 234/- that will out on Rs. 1950/- so you can Bifurcate minimum wages only for PF.
I think this will help you.
6th October 2007 From India, Gurgaon
Dear Raj sir,
First of all Thanks for the Response.
As per you we should take basic wages Rs.1950/- can you provide me any legal provision in support of this. If you help me, i am very thankful to you.
Thanks & Regards
Rajeev Pathak
8th October 2007 From India, Calcutta
As per my knowkedge the rate of Minimum wages as per act mininus
Olny Basic wages which was decided by Govt.
You not futher divided the same for your convennious.
But one thingh is sure if you are paying some thing more than the
rate of minimum wages then you are free to bifragate the same.
But again you have to certify the wages structure with authority under payment of wages act.
hope you get it
8th October 2007
Kindly inform me what should be the salary for both skilled & unskilled employee as per the minimum wages act for maharashtra state?????? Pls reply at or at
20th March 2009 From India, Hyderabad
Please help me sinior,
Recently Orissa gov. decleared the minimum wages as un-skilled is rs. 90.00 perday.
We pay our company's driver Rs. 4,000.00 Per month. How we calculate the basic wages!
Orissa, Bhubaneswar
4th September 2009 From India, Bhubaneswar
Dear S P Das,
With out compliance of section 9A of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 you are not in a position to change the Consolidated salary of Rs.4000/- pm of your driver into different wage components like basic,etc.
Comments submitted as requested.

5th September 2009 From India, Delhi
1.Govt. Declares The Minimum Wages For The Workers( For Unskilled, Skilled, Office Staff Etc.) .Can We Make The Breakup Of That Minimum Wages And Deduct The PF, At A Lower Rate.
5th August 2016 From India, Miraj
Dear Miraj,
Before posting the above quarry on Minimum Wages, Try to read upper comments also, by which u can draw ur conclusion. By the way Minimum Wages Can Only be Breaked in two Category ie Basic & VDA of Respective states.
And PF will be applicable on all components on the such wage.
6th August 2016 From India
Please login to participate in this discussion or start your own. Create Account

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Community™