Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Hr Manager
+3 Others


Dear Seniorís
One of the employees deployed on client site at Bangalore & his Monthly salary is Rs.8000/- PM. In the process of online transactions inadvertently transfer Rs.10000/- (One Lac) to employee & he withdrawal instantly whole amount by bank account. Now this oversight transaction come in the preview of Management & approach to employee for refund but employees refuse/denied to refund such amount (Rs.10000/-) & claiming that the transferred amount is his own amount even though placed bank transaction details to him.
Pls. suggest what action needs to be taken to recover the amount & whether he might be leave/escape job.
Regards!!..Prakash Tiwari
5th June 2014 From India, Delhi
Dear Prakash,

Sometimes mistakes of this kind do happen, however, how come it escaped from the attention of the Accounts that is a matter of surprise.

Secondly, there is a discrepancy in the amount that you have written in figures and amount written words. If the amount of Rs 1,00,000/- is transferred then your total salary bill must have shot by Rs 92,000/- for that month. How come this fact was not noticed by anyone?

Thirdly, instead of Rs 8,000/- if Rs 80,000/- are transferred then it is understandable but how come Rs 10,000/- or Rs 1,00,000/- get transferred?

Lastly, if employee has refused to refund the excess amount then approach immediately to the police. You need to prove that the person involved was your employee, furnish evidence about the bank transaction. Before lodging FIR, tell police authorities to give him one last chance to oblige. Possibly, when police authorities call him to the police station, he may develop cold feet. If he still remains adamant then go ahead with the FIR.

How long the employee has been working with the company? Overall what was his conduct? His refusal to refund excess payment speaks of his integrity. Whether the matter is settled amicably or not, you must remove this employee.


Dinesh V Divekar


5th June 2014 From India, Bangalore
Call the employee concerned and ask to refund the balance amount (credited amount minus his salary) immediately to
company (issue memo to him alongwith photo copy of the company's transaction advice to Bank) and also nform him in the event of his refusal to refund money, company shall be going ahead to recover the money with the help of Police.
If he is found further, to beating around the bush, take action legally.
R K Nair
5th June 2014 From India, Aizawl
Dear Seniors
Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
Apologies, Oversight written 10000/- instead of 100000/- & actully amount needs to be transferred with ex-employees but actully got transferred to incorrect employee. Agreed its major collapse by account.
Regards!!..Prakash Tiwari
5th June 2014 From India, Delhi
hi all,
First of all a notice may be issued to employee to refund the company money paid to him. If he does not agree to refund than you may go to lodge a FIR as this action has been commited in the course of employment. FIR will be lodge in the city where this ancident has been happened.
5th June 2014 From India, Delhi
First of all it is your fault.
Hence you should give letter to your employee stating the amount actually he is eligible for transfer and the amount excess transferred by mistake, ask him to refund the same by giving some time.
If he returns the amount, it is ok.
Otherwise, you book a police case on this issue and take disciplinary action to sack him from service.
6th June 2014 From India, Hyderabad
If this is a salary account, then you can inform the bank to put a hold on the future amount that can be withdrawn by him, so that any amount credited in future will be frozen. Best option is suggested by many, speak to him and ask him to refund, if not action through police is warranted
Best Regards
Dolphy Goveas
6th June 2014 From India, Madras
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Coô