Harsh Kumar Mehta
Consultant In Labour Laws/hr
Apex Management
Labour Laws Consultants
+2 Others

PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Last year, we inducted a new employee in our factory and since in the application for registration under ESIC he has left the column for Previous Insurance No. blank, a new IP No.got allotted for him. The monthly ESIC contributions for the last one year for this employee have also been made in the new IP No. But now, the employee has reported that he has so far not got his Pechan card and on contacting the ESIC local office been informed that he had already been registered by his previous employer and having IP No.also and therefore, for issuing a duplicate Pechan Card, all the monthly contributions should be got transferred to the old IP No.
Can anyone please advise how to get this complied with as all the process involving registration of the IP, details of monthly contributions, payment of monthly contribution, etc., have been done on line.
Thanks and Regards,
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
You can ask your insured person to produce his old Identity Card and after he produces the same, you may refer his case to the appropriate branch office of ESIC to correct his present insurance number and retain earlier one. On such corrections, the employee will get benefit of the contributions he had paid while in earlier employment.
Such corrections/changes can be made at the level of appropriate Branch Office of ESIC.
Dear Harsh Kumar Mehta,
Thanks a lot for your reply. The problem is: the employee neither has the old ID card nor his IP No. His efforts to get these details from the ESIC Local office have reportedly not succeeded. Under the circumstances, unable to find an answer to this.
1. In my opinion, only the ex-employer can help the insured person in this case. The staff or concerned HR of the ex-employer can intimate the old insurance number of your employee (from the their records viz. Employees' Register, Returns of Contributions and if maintained online from the online records of monthly payment of contributions etc.) and can also intimate the details of the contributions paid while the said insured person was in their employment.
2. Otherwise, you may inform the present Branch Office Manager of ESIC that the insured person is unable to locate his old insurance number and if possible Identity Card may be issued on new insurance number. I think, there may be some departmental instructions of ESIC in such like situation.
Dear all,
Reference of previous ESI number is compulsory to locate easily and revive the same by cancelling his new insurance number. In case the employee concerned had his smart photo identity card issued, he cannot have new one (by new number) as his particulars will be rejected by the computer software if attempted again.
Secondly, I think no such mechanism seems available with ESIC to locate particulars of any insured person without referring his insurance number. These particulars can be arranged from his previous employer.
Anyway, linkage of his contribution from one insurance number to other is possible through making representation to the local office concerned.
P K Sharma
Reviving old number is essential as the IP’s earlier contributions will help him should IP need to avail benefits under the Scheme.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™