1) Can any body clarify me , In case of factory do we need to display our registration certificate in a prominent place of the factory
2) Do we need the consent letter from employees for working OT hours > 52 Hr in a quarter

From India, Mumbai
Dear Pradip
The RC must be displayed in the Time Keeper's Office, where you might have displayed the Notice Board about the wage rates, payment dates, inspecting authorities, working hours, etc.
As a matter of fact you must get prior approval from the Inspector of factories prior to the commencement of the OT Work and ensure that the OT period must be paid with double the rate of wages.

From India, Kumbakonam
Thanks Sir, for your valuable reply. However i have some clarification as follows,
1) The provisions of Rule 5 of The Karnataka Factories Rules, 1969 does not provide for display of Factory License Though, such provision was there earlier, the same was amended it. However, we are unable to say as the date of such amendment. And also i am not able to find such provision in factories Act. If possible can you let me know the section reference or extract of it.
2.Neither the provisions of The Factories Act, 1948 nor The Karnataka Factories Rules, 1969 provides for obtaining consent in writing from the workmen to allow them to work overtime.
However as you rightly told, we have to take the prior approval from inspector of factories for OT working and pay double wages to workers.
Thanks for professional updates in advance
Pradip Ku Samal
B.com, CA, CS

From India, Mumbai
Please refer Section 108 of Factories Act, 1948 in which the Display of Notice Board and Abstract is available.
From India, Kumbakonam
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™