Dear Team,

I served a company for last 6 years (2007-2013) , resigned and joined a new one. I have PF accounts under both establishments. I have a personal situation for which I want to withdraw the existing PF in my previous company. However, reading the instruction from EPFO website for filling form 10c and 19, it is mentioned that, if someone is already employed then he/she should not withdraw the PF rather transfer it. I am a claiming my PF after 7 months. I observed, in form 19 there is a section which talks about non-employment declaration.

My question is:

(1) Even though if I state a request for withdraw, while working in another company, will it be rejected? Is is legally wrong if I withdraw my PF while being in another establishment?

(2) If it is rejected, can I again request for a fresh TRANSFER via my present organization?

(3) What is scheme certificate in form 10c? should I opt for it in form 10C

There are lot of information of PF withdrawn in this forum, but didn't relate to my query. Apologies if I am reposting.

Any suggestions, highly appreciated!


19 views but no reply! please some one share your suggestion
You can withdraw the PF amount or can get it continued also in the current organization.
For withdrawal :
1. Form 19 & 10 (C) is required.
2. One Cancelled cheque of your active account.
3. 2 Revenue stamps (1 Rupee.)
With all these documents visit to your last organization and after getting signed by the authorized signatory you can submit these form to any PF office.
Amount will be refunded in your account after 45 working days.
As per the rules of PF, any employee should not withdraw the PF accumulations until and unless he was unemployed for a period of not less than 2 months after leaving the organization. But PF authorities don't check this while assessing the withdrawal claims.
So if you submit the PF withdrawal forms, it won't be rejected on this basis.
Other option is to transfer the accumulations of last company to present company by applying for transfer via present company/previous company.
Scheme certificate is any employee can apply for scheme certificate rather than withdrawing his pension amount. By doing this his previous service years gets added to the present service years. After attaining 50 years or above he can submit the scheme certificate to PF authorities and he or his family can get pension benefits until death.
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.

Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™