Following are the compliance that you need to take care of while setting up your HR department
1. Minimum Wages
2. PF ( Make sure that your labor contractor fulfill PF and ESI compliance because if they fail to do so, the onus will be on you )
4. Working hours
6. Prohibition of child labour
8. Leave Provisions
9. Committee against sexual discrimination
10. Overtime and Bonus
11. Equal remuneration compliance
12. Maternity benefit compliance
13. Contract labor regulation
14. Fire safety norms
15. Health provisions in factory: Cleanliness, disposal of waste effluents, ventilation and temperature, dust and fume, over crowding, lighting, drinking water, latrine and urinals and spittoons.
16.Safety provisions: Fencing of machinery, work on or near machinery in motion, employment of young persons in dangerous machine, self acting machine, prohibition of woman and child labour near cotton openers, revolving machinery, pressure plant, protection of eyes and appointment of Safety Officer etc.
17. Welfare provisions: Washing facilities, facilities for storing and drying clothing, facilities for sitting, first aid appliances, canteen, shelters, lunch room, rest room, creches and appointment of Welfare Officer.
You may also find attached XL useful. I couldn't locate the original creator of this file but i had downloaded this file from citehr itself. Let us credit the contributor of this file.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.