Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Premkumar Nair
Manager (hr)-retired
Administration & Hr
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,
We are a N.G.O. assisting the Central and State Government with the Supply of Mid day Meals to Government Aided Municipality/Zilla Parishad Schools(Primary and Secondary Schools) through many Centralized Kitchens Located in Different States.
Under Which category are we to pay wages to our labor under the Minimum wages act?We have Shop and Establishment License.

Dear Balaji,
I am not sure whether you've registered your centralized kitchens in the respective State's Shops&Estt Act. If so you've to pay the minimum rates fixed by the respective State.

Dear Umakanthan Sir,
It means if an Organisation is registered with shop and Establishment Act of the respective State then the wages to be paid to its Labour according to wages fixed by the Respective State from time to time.
Warm regards,
Pranab chakraborty

With due respect to Mr. Umakanthan, I would like to differ. Since the NGO operates for many States, the appropriate government for them is Central government. Hence, they must pay wages as notified by central govt but of course subject to the rates of respective States whichever is higher.
Other seniors may comment.

If the NGO is registered under State Shops and Establishment Act, then they have to follow states Minimum wages act as per my view.
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™