Hello Sir,
I am planning to open a small business of web designing. Currently I am doing job in Bangalore. I won\'t quit the job until I get good returns from my business (Back up kind of thing you know). I got a small project which I am doing currently in part time basis apart from my regular job. Based on the feedback of that work my client wish to send some more projects to me. I am planning to hire a person in full time as well as work in part time along with my job. I just need 1 computer and 1 internet connection for that. Which I will provide in my own room (which I took on rent). If in future I get some more projects then I may expand or hire some more people. Do I have to register for this somewhere. As the profit is very less for the time being (i.e., max 10k per month) do I have to take any service tax number.

From India, Delhi
Dear Sujit,
looking to your question i think that you are asking for getting service tax registration no. which depends upon your amount of turnover and not on profit element.
So if your gross receipts exceeds Rs. 9 lacs in a financial year you needs to apply for service tax reg. no. as currently the threshold limit of service tax exemption is Rs. 10 lacs in a financial year.
In case of any help, do let us know.

From India, Ahmadabad

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server