Can Employer Go Against Employee In Criminal/ Civil Court? If Employee Has Not Served Notice Period. - CiteHR
Manager - Human Resource
Adv. Manoj Liyonzon
Advocate, Chennai
Sakthi Sukumar
Sr. Officer Hr & Ir
+2 Others

Prime Sponsor - - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Can employer go against employee in criminal/ civil court? if employee has not served notice period.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Sunil,
Yes, Employer can file case in civil court not in to criminal,as it is not crime..
but, if you wanted to file case again not serve the notice period by any employee, then i think you should check first the terms & condition of appiontment letter, which given to your employees, as i believ that, most of the companies are putted one clause for short fall notice period, which you must have also added, as like, in case of failure to served the said notice period or any short falls period shall be recover from his salary.
In that case, if his dues are still pending with company then, company can recover from it & then employer can't file any civil case against him. but, if there is nothing any dues are pending or can't be recover from his salary then, you may send him the formal notice of recovery & get it recover, if still he doesnt pay, then you may file the civil case against him.
Tushar Swar
Mr. Tushwar,
Again I have also 1 doubt......
If the employer could adjust an employee salary who has not served notice period in that situation can employee get his salary through adjudication because he has worked moreover PF n ESI how could employer can pay if the employee filled a case w.r.t to EPF&MP act 1952 wat ll be the solution?????
Pls share
Dear Sakthi,
Post deduction of PF & ESIC, whaterver amount is derived, from that amount notice period shall be recover, so, there is nothing any affect to PF & ESIC contribution for the non serving of notice period,
Post all deduction, if anything is still derive to payble amount, then that amount shall be pay to employee.
Tushar Swar
Hi all,
If employee doesn't give notice one month prior to leaving the employment as agreed and employer suffers losses due to that and if the employee was informed in advance that such losses are likely, he can be sued for damages.
Sameer Paranjape, Advocate
Labour Law Consultant, Pune
-failure to serve notice period shall be considered employee absconding.
-publish advertisement in a local news paper, seeking employee to report company, since absconding
-subsequently lodge an absconding complaint, with the same, & copy of advertisemnt, send a notice to
employee to compensate the loss & to report to your company.
-failing which you can sue him thru civil proceedings, with absconding criminal complaint & advertisemnt
as supportive document.
Prime Sponsor - "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™