Business Development, Employee Relations,
Manager - Human Resource
Korgaonkar K A
Hr Recruitment And Training

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network

Hi my brother was working as a site engineer , he died while in service due to health reasons , he was working in one of the leading construction company in Bangalore . He had done BE in electrical & electronics with 13 years of experience with 7.5 years in the last company .His parents have received the PF amount but PF pension plan is still in process , Gratuity is also cleared . The company has not given any settlement letter so we don't know the basis for the calculation for the amount we got through PF office , can I request for the same from company ? & is there anything being left out which needs to be given to his parents as he was unmarried ?
From India, Bangalore
Regret of having hearing what your family is going through. it is a really difficult moment and will pray to lord my god to give you and especially your parent the courage.
Please approach the company HR/Owner and ask for the settlement papers. Also find out from your late brothers colleagues on dues usually one gets from such incident. Since, your brother died due to health reasons, which I presume was known, I fear your parents would get limited support least the company helps out your family on their own accord.
Are you working ??? If not to support your family on humanity ground you may request the company for support.

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Dear Friend,
My heartfail condolences to you and your family.
I request you to follow the advise given by Ukmitra ji. Just ensure whether settlement of IFund under PF is done or not. Pension is payable to the family members under Pension Scheme. The amount of monthly pension is not attractive.

From India, Mumbai
Hi Anonymous,
I am sorry to read about your family's loss. you have already received some good advise. What I may add is, Did your brother have insurance coverage through the company, If yes, then you may have to read through their fine print to see if they have anything to offer. He spent 7.5 years in that construction company and succumbed to ill health. You can approach the company only on humanitarian grounds for any additional help. By the book, they may not have much to offer. As for the PF pension, it is not very attractive.

From India, Pune

My heartfail condolences to you and your family.

for your reference & knoweldge, below mentioned beneftis are available in case of dealth.

1) Group Mediclaim:- if he gone through any hospitalisation (generally minimum 24hrs hospitalisation necessary) before dealth & there was expense occure by him, then, his parents shall be eligible to get the reimbursement of the same but, subject to he must have conver under the same policy by orgnisation.

2) Group Personal Accident policy:- In case of accidental dealth during on duty or while in service (Subject to more clearity as per policy taken), his parents are eligible to get the insurance amount from the same. as per law, if any employee is not cover under ESIC, then company has to cover him under the personal accident policy as per Workmen compensation act. 1923.

3) PF:- (Pls. confirm, whether they have own PF trust or contributing in Govt, PF authority, so, accordingly you may coordinate with concern authority)

i) provident Fund:- his parents can get the benefits of withdrawal of provident fund amount

ii) Pension Amount:- his parents can get the benefits of pension amount

iii) EDLI :- his parents can get the benefits of pension amount (On the death of an employee, who is a member of the Fund or of a provident fund exempted under section 17 of the Act, as the case may be, the persons entitled to receive the provident fund accumulations of the deceased shall, in addition to such accumulations be paid an amount, equal to the average balance in the account of the deceased in the Fund or of a provident of this membership, whichever is less, except where the average balance exceeds rupees fifty thousand, the amount payable shall be rupees fifty thousand plus 40% of the amount in excess of rupees fifty thousand subject to a ceiling of rupees One lakh & Twenty Thousand).

4) Gratuity:- his parents shall become eligible to get the gratuity amount, as per his tenure with orgnisation.

I hope i have provided you the sufficient information as you required, still i Appeal to rest of the member to contribution in the same, if i have missout anything..

if you need any help to clear any doubt, please feel free to writte us, we will defenetly try help, only thing delay in responce mighty be occur due to our busy schedule, but, still will try to get some time & try to revert you on time, i hope other members are also agree with my statement.

Please take care & god may bless u & u r family..


Tushar Swar

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™