I went abroad on an onsite assignment for 4 years and returned in Jan 2014. I have returned to the same employer and since Jan, the employer has restarted Indian salary and paid PF to the same EPF account.
However, I just now realized that the PF account is inactive when I checked on the EPFO website.
How do I re-activate the same PF account because I am still with the same employer? Would it have got reactivated automatically since the employer has started making contribution again to the same account?

From India, Bangalore
PF Act was ameneded in year 2008 and International workers PF scheme was introduced.
How many years you were in abroad or in which country.
India have SSA ( Social Security Agreement) with •Belgium •Germany •Switzerland•Luxembourg
if you were to either in these countries, your employer would have to take COC ( Certificate of Coverage) and continue to contribute in Social Security program of that country.
and in case you were in a countries with which India do not have SSA, and deputed abroad, such employee shall be treated as domestic worker, not an internation worker for PF scheme, and your employer was under an obligation to continue with the contribution in India PF Scheme.
as far as my knowledge there is no provision to reactivate the old PF number, every time new number shall be issued.
Presume that your HR is not properly aware about the International Workers PF Scheme implementated in 2008 or may be some other reasons.

Dear Sir,
You have to apply for transfer of previous account to the present P.F. account through the employer in PF portal. It is easy now. The previous amount will merge in new account and carry forward further.
Please follow.

From India, Hyderabad

The existing PF account/accumulations attract annual interest, which is also credited in that PF account. Hence, I do not
understand how the PF account shall be a dead account. Please check with RPFC.
R K Nair

From India, Aizawl
Dear Sir,
I have been working with an organisation for last 11 years. Out of 11 years i have been based on a foreign location for the last 5 years- the country I am currently based in doesnt have social security agreement with India.
As per my contract for foreign deputation my EPF is to continue in India. My monthly basic salary is USD 5000/ month.
My question is - what should be my employers and my contribution to EPF india ? What basic salary should be used for calculation to determine contribution. (I have no salary component paid in india - and i do not pay any income tax in india).

From Singapore, Singapore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHR™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server