Executive Human Resource At Emcure Pharmaceuticals
Advocate & Consultant
can I know what exactly the skill matrix is all about. is it a kind of survey like introducing new technique and what are the benefits employees and others going to get from this.to what extent will be useful.
28th February 2014 From India, Madras
Skill matrix depends upon the type of skills required as per the SOP's and the skill available in the workforce of the organisation. The format also veries company to company.
for more detail please contact 9971589511
1st March 2014 From India, Pune
Skill Matrix consists of a list of Matrix to identify the performance of an employee of Top, Middle & Bottom Level Management. we define now the matrix system
1) Qualification, Role, Achievement of a particular tenure, Duration of job with your organization.
2) Implementation of cost effective performance, adopt new policies and procedures for the organization, HR initiatives, Pilot programes,Technical proficiency,
3) Business writing skills ,communication, attitude, Performance,cost effective analysis,Leadership quality, Managerial skills.
Before you seek the performance you could select as per level of management. Please grade it these tools as per level of management.
3rd March 2014 From India, Ahmedabad
The Skill Matrix should be based on the duties and responsibilities, organizations' requirements, future progressive path of an employee, etc.
My opinion is - please make a chart of the assignments to be done by a particular employee.
What he can do independently / in supervision / as a learner / as a trainer can be used him, etc. On the basis you should mark them L - 1, L-2, L-3 or so with the HODs. On the basis of this you can also identify training needs.
Hope it will help you.
If you want to contact, please ring - +91 94136 61218 or mail
4th March 2014 From India, Jodhpur
My suggestion is to
1. sit with your technical heads and discuss the following
1.1 list out the competencies
1.2 align it with the designations, such as what are all the competency should an engineer possess, a Sr. Engineer possess, supervisor like wise
1.3 Then break down the competencies into possible skills
1.4 Then design the legends that can be marked against each skill such as
1.4.1 1 - Has exposure on it
1.4.2 2 - Can work with supervision
1.4.3 3 - Can work without supervision
1.4.4 4 - Can work also can guide others
2. The above said parameters will bring into light the kinds of competencies that your work force possess
3. Also this will act as a tool for you in getting the training need analysis,
4. Act as a tool for preparation of promotion list.
4.1 Say for example, if an engineer is supposed to get a promotion to Sr. Engineer, then if in a particular skill set if his skill level is 2, upon becoming 3, he can be promoted to Sr. Engineer.
I hope the above given points may help you to certain extent.
All the very best for your new task of building skill matrix.
7th March 2014 From India, New Delhi