Hi Team,
Special thanks to this forum for providing an opportunity to gain knowledge. I have a query, my employee on field work met with an accident (2 wheeler). We have an accidental insurance which doesn't re imburse any medical bills as he was not hospitalized. It was a fracture for which the employee was on 30 days leave. Now I do not know whether should my company be paying for his 30 days leave or re imburse his medical bills?
Kindly advise

From India, Bangalore
If the employee doesn't fall under ESIC category, then he would fall under category of Employee Compensation Act, 1923. He should be paid compensation @ rate given temporary partial disablement after assesment of the injury if the same is not covered under the insurance. For more info pls refer employees compensation act, 1923..
If your establishment is a shop and not an industry, pls refer shops and establishment act of your state as most of the shops and establishment acts include the clause under employee Compensation act, 1923.

From India, Mumbai
It is not very relevant whether he is working in Shop or Factory.
First point is whether is eligible for ESI benefit.
If not,whether he is an employee as defined in EC Act.
Varghese Mathew
Labor /HR Adviser
TVPM 9961266966

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Thank You Mr. Ravi and Varghese,
Firstly he doesn't come under ESI as we do not have one in our company. This is a partnership (pvt) firm which does not have PF, ESI facility. Employee comes under EC act.

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server