last year (2012-2013) i have submitted the rental receipt for the income tax exemption.
But this year my management asking the rental agreement and also the PAN Number of the land lord.
Actually i am paying the rents with mutual understanding, i can produce the rental receipt. But i dont have the rental agreement
This year (2013 - 2014)
My salary 19k per month
And the rent i have paid 5k per month.
suggest what are the documents are mandatory?
Please help.

From India, Chennai
Prabhakarn ji,
Procedure for HRA exception remain same but restricted. Those who are paying rent above 8333/-PM(1 lakh PA) mandatory to submit PAN of Land lord. Rent agreement obsoletely not required. Pl find attachment for details.

From India, Mumbai

Attached Files
File Type: pdf TDS Notification by IT Dept.pdf (339.7 KB, 1820 views)

What need to do if HRA become taxable?
During investment proof form submission, a declaration form from the land lord (as he doesn't have PAN number ) has been missed. So all the HRA amount approximately 1,10,000 rupees becomes as taxable. Tax been deducting in my salary now ~10,000 Rs.
How can I recover this amount? Is it possible through IT returns? Can any one suggest me.

From India
Pl. do request your land lord to give duplicate form(another) and submit. As you are paying HRA 1.10 lac it is required to furnish Land lord PAN No. else not acceptable.
for recovery, you need to file ITR filing before stipulated time(July-31*) and you may get return after Assessment by IT. Check with your HR&Finance for more.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Prabhakaran P,
You have not mentioned how much HRA you get.
If you are getting HRA upto Rs.3000/- p.m., you are exempted from production of rent receipt to your employer. But the assessment officer can ask for the rent receipt from you. If you are getting HRA more than Rs. 3000/- p.m. you need to submit the rent receipt to avail HRA exemption.
As mentioned by Hegde ji, since you are paying rent less than Rs. 1 lac per annum, you need not to produce the PAN of landlord.
This is as per the Income Tax Law. However under the Stamp Duty and Registration Act, when you are paying Rent, it is mandatory to have registered and stamp duty paid agreement.

From India, Mumbai
Hi Manjunath,
Do I need submit the rent receipt forms again? only declaration form from the land lord (as he doesn't have PAN number ) is fine to submit in ITR.
If I submit below 1 Lakh as HRA at the time of IT returns form submission in July 2014, Will IT department accept it and provide me the returns as ~10K which is taxable now?
Please clarify.
Thank you,

From India
Dear Vellanki,
Yes submit rent receipt with Land lord PAN. In case you are paying less than 1 Lac/Annum no need to furnish PAN of land lord and same will be considered.
Submit Investment proofs before March with rent receipt.
Get Form - 16
Assess IT n File ITR (Jul-14)
hope you cleared.

From India, Mumbai
Hi Manjunath,
Thank you very much for your answers.
Regarding your comment " Submit Investment proofs before March with rent receipt " a bit confusion to me.
I've already submitted the rent receipts in my company. Date of submission already completed and they didn't consider now.
Is there any chance to submit the rent receipt forms again other than from our company.
Could you please let me know what is the best way to get taxable amount (HRA) when I file ITR (Jul-14).

From India
It's left to company internal guidelines. most of the co don't accept after feb(since employer have to file before march-31) however try to make a request stating explanation for the above. No alternative, contact any Chartered Accountants.
hope for the best.

From India, Mumbai
Hi Manjunath,
I filed my IT returns in the month of July through some agent who came to our firm. He submitted my IT filing through off line, not e filing.
That guy told me that I will receive an amount of rupees 7K as my HRA became taxable, because I submitted all the rent receipt forms for the year 2013-14.
He gave me an acknowledgement form as I submitted. Do I need to send it to Bangalore's address ? or is that fine if I no need to send to get that amount ?
Kindly advise.

From India

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server