whether PF/ESIC contribution is to be deducted from the employee for back wages period if the employer has not deducted the same and paid.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
If it is salary arrears you have to deposit ESI/PF, fill challans as a arrears contribution and deposit to concerned authorities.
If it is reinstatement case, there is different judgments towards PF contribution.
You may prove that employee was not on "continuous service", therefore it is not same case as the case of wages. Back Wages may not constitute basic wages, hence you may not liable to pay PF.
You have to elaborate your question, then only you will get suitable answer.
Manish Bali
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™