Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Clarity needed — Is it *Mandatory* to submit *Rental agreement* to claim "Housing Loan Loss from House Property - letout" for salaried emp?
Is *Mandatory* to submit "Rental agreement" in addition to "Rent Receipt" to claim HRA for salaried emp? I am claiming HRA for Rs. 8300.
Rent receipt is all what the employer would need, unless they raise any suspicion and need to clarify. What exactly have you been informed ? Looking forward to hear from you
Do we have any clarity from Income Tax of India on "Rental Agreement" required to claim HRA?
And separate from HRA, do we have any clarity from Income Tax of India on "Rental Agreement" required to claim 'Loss of income for letout property"?
My organization is asking in both the cases. I need clarify from Income Tax of India or CBDT.

No such clarification from Income-tax Department. Only Rent receipt is required for claiming HRA.
For let out properties also generally the Income-tax Department does not ask for Agreements. Only in case of scrutiny matters they ask for agreement or Confirmation from the Tenant.
The Department has not prescribed anything specific about Rent Agreement for determining Income from House Property.
The information required for the purpose is Rent actually Receivable for the year, Municipal Value, Standard Rent as may have been determined by the Rent Control Authorities and Fair Rent the property would fetch.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™