Partner - Risk Management
Store Manager

I work for more than 12 hrs with no overtime...Now i am mentally disturb as from last ten months i am paying rs 1500 to 1800 from salary of just 15000..
Now i want to take legal action if there is a way ..

Dear All

Pls ignore above post mistake...this is my first post...

I need your advice for the problem I am facing ..I am working in one of the biggest retail industry in the country .our nature of businesa is selling fmcg products. Every two months we have stock audit an the problem is if shrinkage is found 0.5% of the sale , I as a store manager has to pay the amount from my salary..I don't have any such condition in my appointment letter...

From last ten months I am paying... and now I had realise that there are many system issues too that causes shrinkage like wrong inwarding, wrong selling, wrong counting,,,but all this are not consider even f found...

Pls guide me where to take this issue legally as no on in the management or hr are least bother to understand our problem..I had asked my hr to give details of deduction so that I would come t know how much more deduction is pending and how much I had payed but I was replied that this deduction is not legal so we can't give u details officialy. In salary slip this deduction are shown as advance against salary..

Dear Member
Make an official complaint of the deductions from your salary and clearly stating that you have not taken any advance and demanding refund of the same. If you receive no response within, lets say, 7 days send a reminder with copy marked to Senior management and Labour authorities. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
But one word of caution , you may loose your job if this does not go down well with the senior management.
Preetam Deshpande

From India, Mumbai
There are 2 sides of it.
1. you are the store manager and responsible for accounting for the stock and receipts of sales. You are required to take care that there are no shrinkages. The company is in its rights to recover the loss from your salary.
2. However, if there are problems beyond the control of the particular manager, then as per payment of wages act, and rules of natural justice, they can not deduct the losses from your salary. Since i do not know what type of stores you are operating, i cant give a definative answer of which applies to you.
You can either keep quiet and accept it
Or you can look for another job and move on
Or you can try to fight.
if you try to fight, the company just decide to terminate you. it depends on what kind of a company you are working in.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™