Mindhour Partner, Ass.professor/adm. Officer,
Training, Motivational Speaker, Writing,
Take a couple of house magazines and if possible access some e-magazines for you to get a feel of the wide variety of content to choose from. You will have to choose the type of columns you wish to have, any new content/ column specific to your corporate and any innovate matter that you wish to have in your e- magazine.
Bear in mind the following if planning n e-magazine
- Be clear about why you are coming out with the e-magazine, the message that you want to convey, the target audience, the perceived influence of the effort and the implications of the initiative.
- while immediacy of circulation and cost savings are the greatest benefits, the size must be curtailed for people do not have the have the habit of reading online. You must discourage people from printing the e-magazine for reading or the savings will be wiped out.
- Pay attention to periodicy, font, layout, visual appeal and readability.
- have a editorial team and department wise representatives to source content for the magazine. Ensure that you have ample material for at least 2 editions in place before you launch the magazine.
- Have a policy in place for the screening and selection of content or you will end up publishing plagiarized and hackneyed internet forwards.
- Editing and proof reading must be of a very high standard since the e-magazine could be circulated outside too very easily.
For the content some suggestions are as under
- company news / happenings eg. new orders, new joinees, achievements of employees or their immediate family, awards and recognition, message from chairman etc.
- to get employee involvement run a competitions like crosswords, cartoon contest, safety week slogans, quality circle inputs etc. Announce awards and list names of winners.
- have columns on humor, management lessons, book review, personality profile of senior executives, contributions by staff members, inspirational and motivational content.
I would also invite you to visit the following blogs to get an idea of some Inspirational and Motivational content
www.actspot.wordpress.com - Over 1,99,000 views and 1050 followers
www.poweract.blogspot.com - Over 59,000 views and 235 followers
9th January 2014 From India, Mumbai
a good thing to hear from your boss, to start a news letter and not a magazine..news letters in particular contain the interests of customers, employers and employee and about the company, you can segregate the columns..and put appreciation.. firstly column by your boss, company profile, new ventures, birthday day of employers and coming birth day of employers (a separate column for appreciation of the employee/employer), welfare measures, environmental issues, present new trends of technology and implementation in your company, new appointments, column for family members, tits bits, children achievement in the newsletter provided your company take as welfare measure, retirements from the companies and this is good enough to put the news letter in a good shape, also, in case your company interested in competition for advertisement that can be included for better of sales and promotion, e-newsletter growing popular in the companies and that will include appreciation to the ongoing communication with the employer and employee relationship for good sake..
9th January 2014 From India, Arcot
I think we could help you on this. i run a company we actually are into same line of business where we create newsletters and we run your email campaigns. we wish you can take my support in this service.
you can contact on my email id
9th January 2014 From India, Bangalore