i need annamalai dde second year general assignment answers.
qouestions are given below
1. Prepare a report on the cultural diversity of an HR department in a multi location IT Company. Examine the challenges it faces in the changed business scenario.
2. Study and compare the performance appraisal system in a manufacturing sector and service sector and evaluate the reasons for their success/ failures in the respective sectors.
3. Critically analyse the selection process vis-à-vis the HR Strategy of an organization, examine whether the selection process is facilitating the recruitment and retention of the manpower with the required skill sets and competencies.
4. Analyse and appraise the quality circle movement in a service organization and suggest methods for its enhancement.
2.2 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
1. What is product life cycle? Choose a case in international marketing and discuss the same.
2. Discuss which brands of mobile do you feel successfully targeted the group “Generation Y”. Which brands do not? What could they do better?
3. “Marketing research is the key to the success of a company?” Discuss the above statement, keeping in view of an example of the recent past where application of market research helped in formulating the right marketing strategy.
4. Suggest suitable pricing strategy for:
(i) 100 cc Motorcycle
(iii) Branded Shirts
2.3 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
1. “The profit maximization is not an operationally feasible criteria” Do you agree? Illustrate your views.
2. “The function of Financial Management is to review and control decisions to commit or recommit funds to new or ongoing uses. Thus in addition to raising funds, financial Management is directly concerned with production, marketing and other functions within an enterprise whenever decisions are made about the acquisition or destruction of assets”. Elucidate.
3. “When the corporate income taxes are assumed to exist Modigilani-Miller and the traditional theorists agree that capital structure does affect value. So the basic point of disputes disappears”. Do you agree? Why or why not?
4. “The contention that dividends have an impact on the share price”. Explain the essentials of this argument. Why the argument is considered fallacious.
2.4 PRODUCTION AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
1. Why do you think choosing correct location for a plant is significant? Draft a plan to locate a nuclear power plant.
2. Explain intermittent and continuous operations. Under what type of situation it would be used in automobile industry?
3. Explain the types of material handling equipments used in coal mine industry.
4. Discuss the importance and methods of inventory system followed in refining industries in India.
2.5 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
1. Examine the problems encountered by the exporters while exporting herbal products to European countries. Also recommend suitable suggestions to overcome such issues.
2. “Developing countries like India, is facing acute Current Account Deficit [CAD] due to low export and high import” – Assume that you have been appointed as Governor of RBI. Develop suitable strategies to reduce CAD.
3. An entrepreneur wants to export different types of cut flowers to Japan and Korea. How will you find out the market potential for this products? What research tools you would use? Give reasons.
4. Discuss the role of ADB and World Bank during financial crisis of a nation.
2.6 PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
1. “Project parameters namely time, cost and quality are to be planned carefully for any project. But most of the major projects were not successful. Discuss this statement with a major project.
2. “Project manager is a risk bearer”. Assign yourself as a project manager for metro rail projects in India. List out various feasibility studies to be conducted to avoid risks during the implementation of project.
3. A company wants to start a additional plant to manufacture a new product line in fertilizers. Assume a location of your choice and explain the steps of feasibility study applicable to start the plant.
4. Read articles on business houses in India. Based on these, give a detailed description on one case of business split and another on successful succession of family business to the next generations.
7th January 2014 From India, Kottayam