Asso.prof.(commerce & Management) Pg
Occupational Safety & Health
It is quite useful to study cognitive ergonomics. It is also one of my favorite subjects.I may be able to help you.
However please try to answer the following. These are from CIH (Certified industrial Hygienist) examination. Your answers will help me to get exactly what you need I hope.
1. Ergonomics is:
The study of energy
The field devoted to minimizing damage caused by high energy ioniozation
The study of man at work
2. The branch of ergonomics that deals with an employees ability to accurately perceive information presented is called:
3. Which of the following stressful positions is used when working with a manual screwdriver?
4. Raynauds syndrome would most likely be associated with which work task?
5. All of the following terms are relevant to body position descriptions except:
6. Work and work stations should accommodate what percentile of the working populations?
The average person (50%)
7. Which of the following is not an effective ergonomic strategy?
Avoid bending over continually
Using pinch grips for finely detailed assembly
8. Carpel tunnel syndrome is associated with compression of the :
9. MSD risk factors include:
too short a recovery time.
all of the above.
10. our body can be stressed by:
all of the above.
27th December 2013 From India, Kollam
Nice to see your thread with such a new topic into this forum... It's really new to me... I love to learn more about the subject matter... Request you to answer to Mr. Kesava Pillai and I am sure he will share great input with us...
I have just made a search on ergonomics material available with me and able to gather the attached file.. If similar case studies of your use, please let me know, I have few more which I can share with you...
Dear Kesava Pillai Sir
Really appreciating the way of your approach... I will study more about the topic then will answer to your questions by tomorrow... Thanks for your great inputs...
28th December 2013 From India
Appreciate the discussion and the interest shown on the subject as its gaining its due place in the modern life style we have now. Eager to see more materials. With my limited exposure I had with a National Institute devoted to Health & Occupational Psychology which I associated with about a decade ago, I would also suggest you to study the materials relating to Occupational hygiene & diseases, work ethics & environmental science etc also along with the Ergonomics & Psychology.
Wish you all the very best of the Season and purposeful New Year.
30th December 2013 From India, Bangalore