Harsh Kumar Mehta
Consultant In Labour Laws/hr
Management Consultants Legal & Hr
Labour Law Consulting & Outsourcing
Manger H R And Ir

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
We have been asked to outsource OFFICE STAFF at an Hospital. Does this require registration/ license from State Labour Development/Labour Commissioner? We are confused since these employees are not labours. Awaiting your wise counsel.
From India, Bangalore
hi krishna this are not labour but no now every body is called as employes so to put on contract of any employed u need to get the license from labour dept. regds
From India, Hyderabad
Dear Member,

The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 lays down certain conditions vide which the principal employer of an establishment is required to obtain Registration from the Registering Officers as laid down in said Act. It applies to every establishment where 20 or more workmen are/were employed as contract labour. Section 2(i) of said Act defines "workman" as any person employed in or in connection with the work of any establishment to do any skilled, semi-skilled or unskilled, manual, supervisory, technical or clerical work for hire or reward. In the definition of workmen the persons employed in managerial or supervisory capacity ( with some monetary ceiling) as well as out-workers are excluded.

However, appropriate Govt. can reduce the above condition of 20 workmen.

Since, the operation of above Act is not restricted to only "labour", hence in my opinion, the registration by the principal employer is required in the circumstances as mentioned by you.

I will suggest you to please go through the provisions of above Act including rules framed thereunder.

From India, Noida
Have noted the contains of your query. You are required to obtain Registration under The The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 in case your establishment employs 20 and more workmen.However , appropriate Govt may reduce the above condition by dint of issuance of Notification. You are to check with Labour Department in your locality.
The contractor engaged by you for outsourcing jobs at your establishment , you have to issue Form V to the said contractor so that they can apply for obtaining Labour Licence. Please ensure that all conditions of Labour Licence are fulfilled by the Contractor.
In spite of the above clarification if you need any further information you may contact me.
Sibabrata Majumdar

From India, Calcutta
Hi Krishna,
If the work order for outsourcing staff awarded you and if number of staff is 20 or more, then you should apply for Contract Labour Licence. If the provided staff is less than 20 , no need of Contract Labour Licence.
Dilip Nandanwar
Labour Law Consulting & Payroll Outsourcing
Navi Mumbai
Cell - 86555 76111

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™