You as said working as HR Asst. then what responsibilities you are handling in this current Role.
Also You have done Degree in Hospitality so i guess hotel industry is a better option for you. why you want to switch to any other industry?
Administration Management skill you can utilize here in current co. to get the profile in Admin Facility of Hotel Industry. What other areas you are looking according to your interest?
Please mention your interest according to your Exp. and study. so that proper guide line came back to you. For further details you can contact me on given email id or can share here in post.
1. Hotel location, star category, location and target market category (luxury, business, transit, mixture of any, airline crew etc)
2. Is it a stand-alone hotel or part of a big chain?
3. How many rooms, employee strength, HR dept strength
4. What functions ru handling? In hotels, owing to high employee turnover, there are many things happening in HR dept. Recruitment, EE, employee relations being some of them. Arent u getting to do any of this?
5. U said ur interest is HR and ur already working in HR since 6 months, that's half the battle won. Now keep ur eyes open, seek guidance, show proactiveness and learn on the job.
6. Is there noone in HR dept you can talk to and learn from? If yo u want to switch over, there are many allied industries you can look out for; restaurants, airlines, retail, real estate etc. There is no point in quitting before having a new job in hand.
I would like to tell you my current Job position is HR assistance in Best Western Hotel Sahil in Mumbai Central.
Hotel Sahil is a Fariyas Group Property, which are coming under 4* category. In that property have 88 rooms, 4 banquets hall and 2 specializes Restaurant.But problem is that there is no proper HR department and I am interested to working in Corporates.
I had already done my internship in Nirmal Lifestyle (Mulund), Head office in Proper HR Department.
My Job Profile which are in Best Western Hotel Sahil :
1) Implementing new policies for the welfare of the staff.
2) Handling recruitment.
Taking first round Interview for candidate such as self introduction, education qualification, and social inters etc
Give basic knowledge about our BEST WESTERN HOTEL SAHIL property.
Find out CV on Job Portal such as Naukri.com
3) Preparing salary.
Fill total Monthly attendance
New Joining Employees entry
Making Monthly Muster sheet
4) Handling payroll.
Completing Joining Authorities
Making Finger print for the candidate
Making Identity Card
Making Nameplates for the candidate as well as uniform formalities
Work on IDS software for salary procedure.
5) Maintaining total attendance.
Analyse new joining forms
Making a proper clearance for left employees.
Work on time Track for Human Resource operation
Software which are Known
1) MS Office
4) Times Track
I am Planing for MMS so what would i do because its now year end and i don't want to do any distance education. otherwise please suggest me any HR related coerces which i can do before MMS and its helpful for my career
You want to work for corporate, fine. Then start looking for jobs simultaneously.
From here you can concentrate on your interest part and can get the depth knowledge and practicle experience in that.
Other side as you mentioned that you want to go in corporate for that i would like to suggest you to collect some exp. first and better should go for MBA with job. that will be a milestone for you after 1 and half year. But don't go for change right now.
Besides all this what other areas you want to cover in your first profile or please let me know what HR terms you want to perform as you are not satisfied with your current profile.
2. Now, do you want to do some course AND mba, or a course OR mba. Ur reply was quite unclear on that.
3. Also, I want to point out that when u say "I really want do more extra which are give me a bright career in HR", doing some course(even MBA) is not the ultimate mantra. If one wants to succeed, and have a BRIGHT career, one can do that with basic graduation as well. Just doing a course will never guarantee that.
3. Pls explain how is ur role dual- in HR and finance.
4. HR Dept anywhere (industry) is quite similar. It has the same mandate. Ofcourse, the hospitality industry is growing and by its very nature it's a different type of work. Hence, the HR operations in corporate and in hospitality might seem different. From a microscopic view, they may be, But believe me that the processes and the ideologies remain the same- irrespective of the industry. I am being presumptuous, but your reasons for change may be more personal (such as better work life balance in corporate); which is the reason most people leave hospitality industry in general. If that is so, then dont look at education as an escape.
5. I have put forth my view, I would love to hear from seniors who have a more matured perspective. I am, admittedly, quite junior to most of the people here.