Industrial Relations
Daljit _singh
Qa Executive

Dear Sir/Madam,
My elder brother( age - 32) died on 26 july\\\'13. he was working in a MNC company(top 500 fortune companies) at Mumbai-location as senior engg since FEB 2008. he had been tranferred to Gurgaon location on 13 july 2013. As per his company norms, he was provided with company\\\'s own guest house for 2 weeks(till 27 july \\\'13). but unfortunately he was found dead on 26 july in his room(in guest house). his viscera reports are still pending. it will be received by next week. I have been in contact with his company HR from last 3 months but they are saying that they will clear all the dues once viscera report will come.
My concerns are:-
1. i have discussed this so many people. few are saying that their are some loop holes with the time frame. is it so? pls advice.
2. I am very younger and have no idea how to deal with the company HR in this case. need experts advice.
3. what are the break downs of the compensations MUST be paid by the company.
please advice.

From India, New Delhi
Dear Daljit
The Legal Heir of your deceased brother will get the following benefits
1. Gratuity
2. Earned Salary
3. Earned Bonus
4. PF Benefits and EPS Pension Benefits
5. If the company provided with any Term Insurance Plan for its employees, then the benefit of the same.
Please approach the HR with (I) Date of Birth Certificate of Deceased and Legal Heirs, (ii) Address Proof of Legal Heir, (iii) Family Details (Ration Card or certificate from appropriate Authorities), (iv) Savings Bank Account for Legal Heirs (separately for upto 3 legal heirs), (v) Passport size photographs of legal heirs and fill the relevant forms after consulting the HR Department of the deceased employee and assist the Legal Heir to get the benefits.

From India, Kumbakonam
Please fill Form 10D which is available in <link fixed> link. Add Nomination details, Death certificate, Legal Heir certificate, Bank Account details (Maximum 3 members can get the Pension Benefits - Widow Wife, Mother of deceased and a son/daughter), 4 copies of Passport size photograph, Address Proof & ID proof of the beneficiaries, Experience certificate by the employer are required to be attached alongwith the EPS Claim. The Form 10D needs to be attested by the employer and submitted to the RPFO.
The pension claim will be processed by the EPFO. While submitting the claim form, you can ask the PF Clerk to check the application and wrongs if any, can be corrected and submitted, so that the claim will not be kept pending due to some requirement.

From India, Kumbakonam
Dear Sir,
Sorry for late reply. My internet was not available with me
The information said above is very useful for us.
As already said that my elder brother was only 32 of age. Are we eligible to get the EPS pension?
Is their any time frame from the date of death of my brother , within which we need to apply for EPS pension ?

From India, New Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™