Regarding My Deceased Husband Pf Claim - CiteHR
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hello Ms. Uma,

Reg your query about transferring past PF amounts to the present PF account--for sake of convenience--suggest DON'T try to do it.

It would be better to handle EACH PF account separately. Though prima facie, it should be possible & ideal--practically you don't have any control once the file begins to move--in-transit situations fall into no-man's island & thus will be tough for you to keep track to expedite.

You can utilize the past HR Depts to get the details/information, but once you the needed inputs, handle the PF Commissioner Offices separately.

But pl also note that this would be possible ONLY IF your husband used the SAME PF Account from one company to another. Quite often, most employees close the earlier PF Account & open a new one in the new Company.

Like a member suggested, tracking Bank statements of that period would be the best bet to see IF your husband got any PF-related payments--far convenient & faster than checking with HR or earlier Companies OR the respective PF Offices. In these days where all Banking records are accessible from anywhere in the country, you can approach the Branch closest to you & take it from there.

Once you have clarity reg this aspect, you can focus on those companies from where he didn't get any PF-related payments.

All the Best.



Please take out a list of companies where your husband has worked. Send a detailed letter to all the companies by courier. i give below the draft of the letter to be sent. correct it wherever it is necessary /add.


My husband by name ................. was working in your company in the period (year) as .......................

Suddenly he died and I mus take care of the family. From the records I find that his Provident Fund is yet to be settled. I am financially not sound and I require the money for my family. Please let me know the details/forms and send them to me to enable me to submit the forms for settlement to PF office. Kindly help as I do not have people to do this service to me. My complete address is given below :-

Thanking you and with regards

Send this to all the companies and if it is settled then they will inform you that it is settled or otherwise they will send the details to you to submit.

Also you inform pF authorities about the demise of your husband as you are entitled for PF Pension.

i just went thru all comments from various ppl. Yes what ever they say is right. u can claim any number of claims from the PFO in case your hubby is alive. your case is different. So what you have to do is
1. Check the status with all companies
2. Get in touch with them with the legal hire
3. Any HR will help you without any hesitation nor negligence
4. process the claim and get the amount
5. It will take some time but you are entitiled to get that
6. Dont launch any complaints which will lead to many complications
7. Its your money, so thru the process and get it.
8. Dont have any preconceived thoughts with all comments. Just keep it for ur reference.
Hope you will get it soon. God bless you!!!

Hi Ms.Uma,
Without prejudice!
If you deem it fit and appropriate you may consider posting up your hubby's details state wise in this forum. Members who can and have proximity and access to the PF authorities of the respective states might as well try to ascertain the facts and status of the deceased so that you could be helped in a shortest possible days. And thereby guide you thro' via your personal e-mail IDs. Bonafide members could help the needy. Pardon me if I'm overstepping.

Hello Ms. Uma,
Kumar S has given a very Practical & excellent suggestion--only goes to prove all over again that this Forum has a solid bunch of professionals WHO SHARE & CARE.
Pl post the brief details of your (late) husband Company-wise, period of service in each Organization & IF available his designation in the respective Company. You only need to ensure that the name you mention will need to--to the extent possible--exactly match his service record names.
One advantage for you will be that since this is a Forum of HR professionals, it's much easier to track than IF you were to approach each company separately.
All the Best.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™