Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Hr Professional
Handle Finance
Programmer Analyst
+3 Others

Thread Started by #itsrsb4u

I have 2Yrs service in current company and 5 Yrs service in the prev. company. But I have not transferred my PF amount from prev account to current account. Now I want to withdraw some amount to buy a plot/house from the present organization PF A/C.
Can I withdraw EPF from present organization PF A/C?
Kindly help me, I have to make financial planning before I start.
Thanks & Regards
8th November 2013 From India, Nellore
Well, if you have not transferred the PF account from your previous employer to new employer and opened a new PF account over there then you can withdraw the whole amount of PF that was opened in prev company but if the same account has been transferred then you can withdraw it partially.
8th November 2013 From India, Lucknow
If you have not transferred the old PF you can either do it now and take advance from the present PF or withdraw the whole of previous PF. For taking advance for purchase or construction of house, you need at least 5 years membership in PF and it is possible to get once you have transferred the previous accumulations to the new one. By doing this your pensionable service will also increase by 5 years. Under normal circumstance an employee who is already a member of PF is expected to transfer the old one while he joins a new organisation and is not expected to withdraw it. However, the transfer will take its own time and the time of effect of transfer depends upon the persons sitting in the PF Office. Therefore, if you need money immediately, you can go for withdrawal. By doing this you will be losing your past service. Still getting your claim settled also depends upon how good is the climate in the PF office.
8th November 2013 From India, Kannur
Dear Sir,
With the PF accumulation seen on-line, I was told that the withdrawal process takes only 15 days provided 2 months has passed since leaving your previous job and the previous employer has executed all the relevant documents and send the same to PF office.
Anyway all the best for the best usage of your own resources.
Best wishes,
8th November 2013 From India, Mumbai
Since you have only 2 years in present co you cannot withdraw any money for housing purpose. The only way is to transfer the previous co a/c to present a/c. Then only you can withdraw for housing purpose . Eligibility for housing purpose is of service 5 years.
8th November 2013 From India, Mumbai
Since you have not transferred your previous PF A/C, first you transfer the account to your current A/C. This will give you the monetary benefit of PF accumulation. Transfer of A/C will take some time;however, thereafter, you can take a loan and refund the same in installments against the loan from your salary.In the long run, this will be beneficial without loss.
9th November 2013 From India, Bokaro
i think u had answer to ur query as all members suggestted
to sum up u have two options
1. Withdraw old epf
2. Trf the amount to new account then apply for loan
2nd option is time consuming and can be difficult also as already two yrs had beenassed, contact local epfoffice beforfor option , u can also discuss this mattr with current hr.
manish gupta
9th November 2013 From India, Patiala
Hi Ravi Can you provide your previous pf a/c no, and current pf a/c no. I think both are in Andhra Pradesh. Rgds Murthy
9th November 2013 From India, Hyderabad
In our company one employee has taken his previous company pf amount now he joined us and worked around three years now he want pf advance can he
please explain
21st February 2018 From India, Dehradun
If the total service including his previous employment is 5 years, then he can take partial withdrawal for construction or purchase of house. Now a days the employer need not do any clerical activity but the employee himself can apply online and get the amount, if he is eligible to it. Ask him to log in to member portal and apply.
22nd February 2018 From India, Kannur
I have 10 YEAR service in current company Now I want to withdraw some amount to buy a plot/house from the present organization PF A/C.
Can I withdraw EPF from present organization
Kindly help me, WHAT DOCUMENT Attachment in online pf form for purchase plot. I have to make financial planning before I start.
Thanks & Regards
jahid hussain
17th January 2019 From India, Indore
What is the significance of current organisation? If you have 5 years of more service in total you can go for advance. No need to apply with proof etc provided you have linked your adhar with UAN. You can log in to your (member) portal and apply online. Please ensure that you have your same phone as is available in PF portal linked to your adhar because the verification will be done by adhar OTP sent to your mobile number which is linked to adhar only.
18th January 2019 From India, Kannur
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Co™