Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear All,
Please advice me, what is the meaning of resignation? Reason of asking is when i informed my department that some one has submitted his resignation, the department told me that we cant remove his name from roll , we can only hold the salary.
So, now please advice me can I remove his name from roll or only hold the salary?

From India, New Delhi
Dear Anurag,

The legal definition of resignation could be, "The formal notice given to an employer of voluntary termination of employment by an employee". There are no laws governing employee resignations, but proper etiquette should be followed in order to avoid parting on bad terms.

When an employee submits his / her resignation and quits the job, the employee-employer relation ends itself. So, on the question for "Removing the Name" of resigned employee, I will suggest that his / her name can be removed from the Rolls of the company and Full-and-Final Account of the employee should be settled.

But, on question of Holding Salary, then I would like to inform you that if an employee has properly resigned from job and relived from the services of company, then his / her salary cannot be hold by the employer in any circumstance. It could create problem for employer, if the ex-employee complaints against it.

Where as, if there is any so called "Notice Period" factor, then in that case the solution can be differ from case-to-case.

So, if there is any such thing, then plz. let us know.

From India, Delhi
Dear Bhuwan, What should we do if the employee is not coming for his/her full and final dues.? He will be on roll itll his full and final? ANURAG
From India, New Delhi
If an employee submitted his resignation from the job and accordingly his resignation accepted / or he stop coming on job, at the same time the employee - employer relation comes to an end. After that, his / her name should be removed from Company Roll. That doesn't matters that his / her FnF is settled or not.
But, If the employee is not coming to settle his / her FnF, then in this case just prepare the FnF Statement. If the amount is payable, then just send the FnF Statement along with the cheque to the address of the employee through Registered AD. And, if the amount is recoverable, then send the FnF Statement along covering letter. In that letter, advise the ex-employee to clear the dues and for that send a DD in the so and so name.
Hope, this will clear your doubt. Cheers.

From India, Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Coô