Dear All,
I am very confuse against W/c Act.1923, In case of fatal accident in my construction site, what is process of W/C policy and how much time required for reporting and whom to required for reporting, please solve my query asap......

From India, Delhi

Dear Pankaj

First send the corpse to Nearest Government Hospital and further they will guide you regarding obtaining the Brought Dead Certificate and the body will be sent for Postmortem. Send another man from your office to Nearest police station and give intimation regarding the fatal accident and the police people will help you to send the corpse for Postmortem.

Further send an intimation to the Labour Commissioner office / CL Licencing authority regarding the fatal accident with all the details of workmen (Name, Father Name, Permanent Address, Present Address, Since when he was employed with you, accident date and time).

Send the intimation within 24 hours to the BOCW Commissioner/ Inspector regarding the accident in prescribed form available in your state BOCW Rules. The BOCW Inspector will come and inspect the venue of accident and till his arrival stop work at the spot and barricade the area of accident so that the evidence should not get disturbed. Keep the workmen worked nearer to the victim for giving evidence to the BOCW Inspector and Police People.

After calculation of the compensation amount as per EC Act, please get the amount checked and confirmed by the Labour Commissioner office authorities and issue a cheque to that amount and get the acknowledgement for the deposited Compensation Amount remitted with WC Commissioner.

Now you submit the duly filled (in all respect) Insurance Claim application form to the insurance company alongiwth (i) Muster roll for 3 months, (ii) Wages Sheet for 3 months, (iii) Compensation Acknowledgement receipt, (iv) Compensation Calculation & the Xerox copy of Draft, (v) Birth Certificate of the victim, (vi) Death certificate of Victim, (vii) Employment Certificate by the employer, (viii) Address Proof, (ix) Family Details & Legal Heir details.

If you are not attaching the acknowledgement receipt issued by the WC Commissioner then the compensation cheque will be issued in the name of WC Commissioner of your district.

From India, Kumbakonam
Thanks Bhaskar Sir, But my one query is left, > How much time required to pay this Compensation to Vectim’s Family, its within 60days or 30 days. pls.
From India, Delhi

Dear Pankaj It should be deposited within 30 days. The compensation amount draft, Form A and Form EE to be submitted to WC Commissioner within 1 month from the date of accident.
From India, Kumbakonam

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server