Hi All,
Is there any act/rule for annual salary increment for every employee, one of our employee has not any increment in his salary from past 18 months, now he is questioning us.
Please do the needful.

From India, Bangalore
There is no rule as such, but most of the company gives some raise yearly to retain the employees.You can convey his grievances to higher management and make sure to check his performance during 18 months before doing it.
From India, Madras
It all depends up on the servcie conditions of the employees/policy framed by the comapny .In public sector undertakings, the servcie conditions provide for annual increment to their employees under their servcie conditions. In private sector, the companies cnduct periodical appraisals of the eprformance of the employees9yearly or half yearly) to decide the quantum of the increment.

From India, Mumbai
We all employees appointed on a regular pay scale like 10000-1000-15000-EB-1500-21000. For the last 20 years we have been getting annual increments. But now the management has stopped giving annual increments. Can we get any remedy from any forum or court.
From India, Mumbai
Hello Rajendra Singh
You seem to be in public sector or govt.employment.Going by the pay scale which you have quoted,you must reach the last stage i.e 21000/- after 10 years after which an employee is considered. to have reached stagnation if he still remained in the same pay scale without being promoted to higher scale.However yo said that yo were getting increments for the past 20 years.and now it has stopped.It is difficult for members to respond in the absence of clear details with regard to the service rules that deal with granting increments.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your prompt response. There are 50 employees in the organization and nobody have reached on the last stage. We were giving the annual increments every year as per our appointment letter. But now from the last year they stopped giving annual increments. My question is that we are all appointed on time rated/regular pay scale, can we get the remedy from court. whether annual increment is a right of employees as mentioned in our appointment letter. please help me in this regard

From India, Mumbai
It all depends up on teh terms of your appointment as well as service rule which are binding on you. There may be something in the rules apart from the appointment letter. The scale has also efficiency bar.You can talk to the management first and ascertain the reason as to why they stopped granting you annual increments.

From India, Mumbai
We have asked them to provide the service rule, promotion & deputation policy but the management has not been giving any policy, rules. It means there is no rules. Earlier the increments were given on date of joining. In 2009 they have started giving annual increments to all on 1st April. We have written many letters and requested them to release the annual increments but they did not give reply of any letter. Secondly in 2007 they had made an agreement which have been filed in High Court. In this agreement, regular pay scale are clearly mentioned.

The management had also revised the pay scales and new employees who had joined just before the revision of pay scale, were given new pay scale. Due to this their salary had increased upto Rs. 7000 per month but old employee were not given the benefit of pay scale revision. As we know that in the case of pay scale revision, old employee were given fitment in the new pay scale ie 30% ot 40% increase in the salary or some increments in the new pay scale. Can we get the remedy in these cases from court. Can you advise us in these matters.


From India, Mumbai
Since you are referring to an agreement on the pay scales and the same is in the court and any interim orders passed by the court in this case may also have also to be seen, you can consult an advocate on service/labour matters and seek an opinion first.

From India, Mumbai
I had been working in govt. Sector for the past eight years. I had been getting annual increment every year. But the annual increment which had to be given for the month of July 2016 was not given. I had not been informed or given any official memo regarding the reason to stop my yearly increment.
What does the service rules say regarding to stop increment first an group A govt servant?

From India, Chennai

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server