Hello, I worked in e serve intl in Mumbai in the year 2003 Sep to 2004 June, close to 9 months. and I have been trying to withdraw the PF, each time they sent the forms back to me asking for id proof, or a relieving letter, I left the company because of my health. and to withdraw PF I do not need a relieving letter. how do I tackle this situation? and am I still eligible for this PF?
From India, Bangalore
Assistant Manager - Hr
Pournima Joshi
Sr.executive - Admin & Hr
+2 Others

pournima joshi

You need to fulfill the requirement of the PF office to withdraw your PF , if they are asking for any documents which you need to get from your company, you shall approach the co and get the same to submit it to PF unless you do so you will not be able to withdraw the same.

From India, Mumbai

Dear Sunnidec311,

First of all, plz. let us know "Where you are sending your EPF W/d Form", "who is asking you for Id Proof or Re-leaving letter" and "Are you currently working and you are covered under EPF"..?

Second thing I would like to tell that, Id Proof / Re-leaving Letter is never required for the EPF W/d process.

If you are currently covered under EPF then you must transfer that amount to your currently EPF A/c. For that, you have to submit Form-13 (can be also submitted online through <link no longer exists - removed> ) and it can be attested from the current employer.

If you are currently not working than first of all fill Form- 10C & 19. Attach a Canceled Bank Cheque, properly signed / copy of 1st page of Bank Passbook duly self attested.

After this, just go to your banker and get the signature verified from the Bank Manager. After that, keep its a copy with you and send the original attested form to Concern EPF Office directly through Speed Post / Registered Post.

Your problem will be get solved. Hope it will help you. Be Happy..

From India, Delhi

First of all you should fillup the PF withdrawal Forms (Form No.19 & 10 C). Fillup carefully and submitt the same to your Employer where you have worked for their attestation. Duly attested by the Employer you should send the Form to P. F. Office as directed by bthe Employer. Pl. Keep a photocopy of all the papers. The following few things should be noted:-
1. Total Signatures of the member : 5 Nos.
2. Employer should attest both the Forms.
3. Photocopy of your Bank Pass Book on which N.E.F.T. /RTGS code is mentioned.
4. Form 3A from the Employer should be attested.
5. Form No. 5 & 10 from the Wmployer. (Date of Joinning & Dtae of Leaving the employment.
6. Your P.A.N.
7. Copy of Ration card.
As your A/c is Old hence to avoid any fraud Deptt. is trying to ensure that the amount should be sent to the actual member.
Pl. comply with the formalities as it will be in your Interest.

From India, Bahadurgarh

It is possible to get the PF withdrawn even without the consent of the employer for which there are provision laid down in the act. Hence you are requested to follow the procedures and give reasons very clearly that the employer is not coperating with the withdrawl process and then send the same with all the accompanying documents as indicated above and then send the same by regd post to the regional PF commissioner of the area where your PF has been linked to earlier , and then follow up .

with in period of approx 4 months , the same would get processed to your account. Only to have patience and keep following up . There are sepcific emails given for each of the PF commissioners through which also the follow ups can be done .

Also you have to enclosed your salary latest slip which showed that the PF was deducted etc for the PF commissioner to be be asvertain himself that the company you worked was dedcuting the PF .

Also give all details of the company PF ID etc in the application form which are easily traceable from the net .

To conclude it is not necessary for the employer to process the papers , since there are option for withdrawl where the empoyer is not cooperating .


From India, Secunderabad

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHR®

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server