Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi sir,
i joined in a company last year for 3 years agreemen in the company's letterpad. they also took my 10th & 12th certificates. for applying passport i asked them to give my certificates. they asked me to bring 1 lakh cheque. i gave cheque for 1 lakh cheque and get my certificates back. now they terminated me coz i have undergoing 1 part time course. now they are torturing me to give 1 lakh rupees in cash otherwise they will deposit my cheque in bank. is there any possibility to take any legal action against cheque bounce. now i don't have any clue to solve this issue. Plz help me.

From India, Madras
Quite simple. Call your bank and block that cheque. In case they deposit and serve you any notice for bounce you have good and sufficient reason for non-payment.
Also, one more advise: While calling bank simply say you have lost that cheque somewhere in your office and you are fearing that it may be encashed as it was bearing your signature.... or cook a story something like that.
Make sure you block cheque before they deposit in bank.

From India, Gurgaon
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™