I\'m new to this forum.
I recently joined in a small IT company as .net programmer in Chennai. I\'ve signed 3yrs bond on 20 rupees bond paper. If I need to break the bond, I need to pay 1 lac rupees. I gave all my original certificates to them.
Now I\'m in training. Training period is 4 months and no salary for this training till 4 months. After 4 months of training, my salary will be only 4k per month which I think it\'s less than current market standard.
Now I came to know that there is proper hike. To get hike, they are asking me stay for whole night right from morning and they\'re asking me to come on Sunday also. If I do all these, by the end of 3yrs, my max salary would be 15k to 18k.
Because of my family problem, I need to come out of this company. I\'m here for only 1 month. I talked to the HR to quite but they\'re asking me to pay 1 lac rupees. Otherwise they wont give my certificate. I feel like I\'m arrested.
Any one please help me what am I suppose to do?

From India, Mumbai
Why you have signed the agreement? Now in case of trouble/pain why you are asking help from us?
From India, Pune
Dear Raj
I am surprised to read your post that they are not paying any penny during training period and got bond signed for three years and pledged your original certificates as guarantee of bond.
I suggest, if you dare, leave the company and get the duplicate copies of the certificates from the respective Boards/Universities. No harm will happen to you. Salary offered is less the Minimum Wages.
All the best
V K Gupta

From India, Panipat
Hi Raj,
I just wanted to know the conditions which mentioned in your bond.
There should a conditions to break the bond with options.
1 lac amount to paid or 3 months notice period like that. have they mentioned?
And apart from that, you have not even completed you training period. Fortunately you took quick decision before your training period completes. So take a photocopy of your contract bond and get suggestion with Lawyer as soon as possible.

From India, Madras
Thanks for your reply Gupta. It's big hassle to get duplicate of all 10th, 12th, and MCA cert back. At first I believed there would be proper hike and good training as well. But only after I entered, I came to know all bad about this company. We're not rich to pay 1 lac rupees. Is it possible to move legally? If I complain to the police or to any layer, will they be able to get my certificates back?
From India, Mumbai
Hello Bala
I've read the bond when I signed, it only contains the details about the company and how much they're paying for the govt. I didn't see any thing saying that I need to work their for 3yrs or I need to pay 1 lac like that. All those conditions were listed only on my offer letter. They said my notice period is 3 months. They didn't give a copy of the bond to me. If I ask for a copy, they're trying to avoid me.

From India, Mumbai
Ok Raj,
You just talk with your HR or concerned person in a polite way that you need to break the bond, but you can not afford to pay and ask for other source. If they still avoiding you, write a request letter and submit to them. If they reject, tell them, you will be going to the Regional Labour Office to solve your problem.
One more thing, have they mentioned in the bond that they have also taken all your original certificates??? Or Have you got any acknowledgement from them for that??

From India, Madras
Dear Raj,
Act as suggested by Ms Bala and file complaint with Labour Officer of your area for unfair labour practice while explaining your position. You will surely get help of the department to come out of this problem.
V K Gupta

From India, Panipat
Dear Prashant,
People are signing those kind of agreement just because of their family situation. Where family financial situations are bad, when they have heart full of burden, their brain will not work in those type of situation.
Already he is suffering, why we have to give much pain by asking... why you signed?? why you asking help from us?? .. In stead ignore his thread. That would be better.
Thanks for understanding!!! Have a wonderful day!! :)

From India, Madras
Hello Bala,
I already talked to them politely. That was the first step I took. But they're stubborn in saying their policy. They said, as per our policy, you need to pay either 1 lac or you need to work for 3 yrs. There were nothing mentioned in the bond about taking my certificates. They only gave an acknowledgement letter saying that these are the certificate we have. Like you said, if I go to Regional Labour Office and file a case, will that affect my career? Like if I move on to the other company or in Visa verification in the future? Just to know it.
Thanks for your help in advance.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server