zaheer09khanHi can plz anyone suggest me how to stop employees from taking unplanned leaves .
From India, Hyderabad
PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Sr. Executive Hr
Korgaonkar K A
Senior Hr Professional
Nainz- Unplanned CL/ SL/Priviledge leave - What is the organization culture and behavior is present across the Org wrt leaves - is there a policy it should ideally be a top down approach regards,
From India, Chandigarh
korgaonkar k aDear Zaheer09khan,
Following are the suggestions:
1. Formulate leave policy with leave rules & regulation, leave application form etc.;
2. Make it known to all;
3. Put up a notice / circular advising employees to adhere / follow the leave rules & regulations;
4. Give advisory memo initially to those who are not following the leave rules & regulations;
5. Give warning letters if there is no improvement;
6. Give chargesheet in certain cases. Conduct enquiry and take appropriate disciplinary action;
7. Be firm and fare in implementing leave rules & regulations and also in taking disciplinary action;
From India, Mumbai
saiconsultIn addition to what MR.keshav ji said, You can also consider the following suggestions:
1) Impress up on the employees through the leave policy that leave is not a matter of right and that every one shall obtain prior sanction of leave failing which the management may consider the absence as unauthorised.
2)Advise the employees to submit their leave plans on the eve of festive occassions well in advance to avoid risk of rejection.
3) Be strict with some disciplinary action agaisnt one or two erring employees who persist in violation which sends a message to others.
4) You may consider laying down conditions that casual leave cannot be availed in conjuction with holidays to discourage tendency of ,any employees going on leave at the same time crippling daily function of the office.
From India, Mumbai
Please give us a brief about your leave policy. as like if you are working in mid level co. then obviously your co. have some leave policy, and then you can work according to that. if it is saying that action can be taken against this then you can go for it. or if you are working in small size co. where only 1.5 or 2 leaves employee can take, I mean something that where leaves are not divided in CL/SL/EL and all that then in this scene you have to take other actions. So please elaborate that what kind of leave policy you have. how many leaves are applicable by one employee in a month.
From India, Gurgaon
Dinesh DivekarDear Zaheer,
Other senior members have given valuable comments. Now let me say something from organisation's culture point of view.
When employees go on unplanned leave it only goes on to show their priorities. They give priority to their own affairs rather than company's. We need to fix this mindset.
Why employees are so nonchalant to company's requirement? How management deals with them? Is the dealing fair and square? Are the systems and processes well defined? If yes, are these implemented properly? How is the remuneration? Is it as per market standards? Is it that your company finds great difficulty in getting the right people? Now your employees have understood that and they can take risk playing truant?
How managers deal with the staffs? How is the interpersonal environment? What is that unique you have done to develop employees' attachment towards the company?
I recommend you taking feedback from employees on improving the company's culture. For this of course, you leadership may need to change the leadership style. Obtain this feedback if the leadership is ready to change their behaviour also? For doing various organisation's surveys, you may take help of humanlinks.com
Dinesh V Divekar
From India, Bangalore