Hi Sir,
I worked for two month's in a bpo and I had to quit because of personal reasons and I never infomed the company about quitting and I never received any call or e-mail from my manager or HR.
I have been getting salary from past two months after quitting. I have not signed any bond with the company. What should I do about this? Is this the company's fault?

From India
Dear friend,

What you have written is quite surprising. Today we have software for payroll processing, attendance management etc yet goof ups of this kind should happen is incomprehensible. It appears that salary is made somewhere else and those who make salary are not informed about abandonment of your employment.

Now coming to solution. Ideally you should call HR of that company and inform to them to stop the payment. If company initiates recovery process then they may block your account also. Do you operate that bank account? If you have any other bank account then for the time being start using that alternate bank account. Withdraw all the funds other than this erroneous remittance. By chance if the company discovers it and block your account then your own savings should not get blocked.

By the way, what your appointment letter says? What is the notice period as per appointment letter? I ask so because if there is clause of notice period in your appointment letter, then HR could start process for the recovery of the amount for the period.


Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Dear Anonymous,
Dinesh Divekar has given you good advice. Hence, I will ask you some questions for the benefit of people like you.
Quitting job for personal reasons is alright; but do you think it is alright for a worker to quit without informing the company? Should you not have informed them after quitting, if you could go to the work place due to difficulties? Should you not have informed them about the mistake of crediting your salary the very first month a mistake was done?
It appears as though you are looking for support to keep the money that the company has sent to your bank, perhaps, by mistake.

From United Kingdom
Kindly approach your HR. Inform about your situation, before leaving - "on un avoidable personal grounds" may be good. Return the money you have received after leaving by Demand Draft. Be sure to get a confirmation letter from your HR, that you are relieved from that company, from the date you last worked with that company.
Company matters. Reationship with the employees of the company also matters.
All the best for your future efforts.

From Saudi Arabia, Al Faruq

I am with Dinesh V Divekar.

While NOT extending ANY sympathy or support to your act of quitting without any information to the Company, you can take the opportunity to make amends for that act of your's by calling the HR about this issue.

Dinesh has given you really practical suggestions to move YOUR funds from this salary account [I hope you would prove Simhan wrong--that it's NOT your intent to 'use' the wrongly credited amounts].

However, there's one thing you NEED to correct--your DEFINITION of the ACT & WORD "QUIT". You mentioned you quit, but didn't inform the company. What you ACTUALLY did was 'ABSCOND'--NOT quit. Quitting essentially means a COMBINED act of informing & leaving.

And the reason you mentioned is not really convincing--everyone uses the 'so-very-convenient' words of 'personal reasons' for any & every official act of their's--so much so that it has LOST all it's sanctity & real meaning.

Anyway, Dinesh, Simhan & Govind Singh Negi have given you advice that would help you in the long-term--but like the Saying goes: 'One can take a horse to water, but can't make it drink'.

All the Best.



From India, Hyderabad
Enjoy the money dear it is happy thing that co hr is still crediting your salary even after leaving the co hr needs to pay from his own salary the mistake if it is discovered in future
From India, Madras
Hello Ravi,
Please do not give wrong advice. If the recipient of wrongful fund transfer, does not intimate voluntarily, then company may sue also. Yes, company made mistake in unwanted fund transfer but then as a responsible and law-abiding citizen, the recipient has also responsibility. Recipient can very well give application to his bank for stoppage of receipt of fund transfer from his ex-company.
Life always give whole lot of problems. It is always better not to invite problems from our side. I am strongly of this opinion.
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Dear Friend,
It is your mistake. since you have to intimate earlier to previous employer that you have resigned.
Now the Act of Double Employement will be attarcted. So....please initemate your resignation first....and get free from previous employement.
They may accept your resignation on receipt of excesss salary paid to you including indirect benefits.

From India, Pune
Wow !
Companies still make mistakes like this ?
I would love to have been in your place.
So would lots of others on this forum who have been facing the problem of not getting the salary ....
Be careful of the possibility if your account frozen
It's illegal for banks to attach or freeze your ban account without a court order.
However, that is something you can fight, but it's a waste of efforts.
So move money to alternate accounts ASAP.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server