Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Respected seniors
All though this not directly related to this community but I need valuable suggestion from you.
We are non profit engaged in extending care to homeless and familyless, destitute children. We ensure children can archive their true potention through quality care and support in education.
One of our child was admitted in this boarding school few years back. In March 2013 we decided to withdraw him from this school as child was not comfertable with this school\'s quality both residential facilities and education. We communicated our recession to school in April 2013 begning of new session.
Now school is not issuing transfer certificate asking us to deposits 3 months fee in lieu of 3 months notice of withdrawal, which they used to mention in notice at backside of school fee receipt.
Paying 3 months fee is not difficult to us but is unjustified use of donations which we are supposed to utilize wisely.
What are our option now, can we move to court, as we

Hello Parm,
The fine-print is always a bit tricky--in any situation.
Usually--to the extent I know about education situations--the decision to withdraw a student from a school HAS to be communicated to the school AT THE END of the EARLIER Academic year--NOT @ the BEGINNING of the current academic year.
Suggest discuss with your lawyer on the options available to you.
But since this involves the academics of a student--moreover, like you say, a destitute child--suggest pay-off the 3 months UNDER PROTEST/DURESS & move the child First to another school so that his/her education doesn't get effected in this situation.
Pl check with your lawyer for the exact wordings you need to use while making such payments--there are legal ways of handling such situations, EVEN WHILE keeping your options OPEN to go legal later.
All the Best.

Thank you TS , yours suggestions was very useful. We had resolved this by talking to school administration, we had paid 2 months of fee and youth is continuing his study. Thank you again.
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™